The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My first post was (Of Course) in the HP thread, back when i was an Unreg. Then Xenon said i may as well join, so i did.
my first post was asking about somethign to do with physics.....A LONG TIME AGO!!

love Katy ***
Reply 82
I only found the forum through searching for Harry Potter, so was posting back on there in July, it was ages before I nervously ventured out into the rest of the forum!

I think its generally less academic now because the academic stuff is all in the subforum. I think quite a lot of people don't bother going on it and stick to the main board.

I guess its good that the forum is growing so fast etc, but it was nice when it was just a chosen few.
Reply 83
ZJuwelH
I think you have to add something to the address to view the page you want. The FAQ knows.

Nope, you still can only get access to the 20 pages. Annoying really, cos I wanted to check out my 1st post too, although I had previouslyposted as unreg.
Reply 84
ZJuwelH
Well I'd be a relatively mid-life member but even when I joined the place was quality. I remember the flirting and chats with Rush, Lou, Infinity and Dani, the jokes with Bhaal, the Maskall bashing, the way we would scare Chicken... heehee... <sigh>

what about me? oh yes.....i was lurking in harry potter, talking to xenon, egan1, conversing with (later) sirius fan. hating maskall......
Reply 85
Adhsur
pre 2004 I would imagine, ideally longer...

I'm thinking more of the people who joined around summer/autumn time.

early autumn.......

ROCK ON!
Reply 86
I can't remember when I joined...October sometime I think. Am still not a proper reg of the old school though.

As far as newbies go, this place really isn't that bad compared with some places I've been - on the old BBC boards they would pop up all over the place; there was no escaping them, and their spelling and grammar was far worse than the stuff we get here (mostly :biggrin:)

I can't remember what my first post was :frown:
Reply 87
Helenia
I can't remember when I joined...October sometime I think. Am still not a proper reg of the old school though.

As far as newbies go, this place really isn't that bad compared with some places I've been - on the old BBC boards they would pop up all over the place; there was no escaping them, and their spelling and grammar was far worse than the stuff we get here (mostly :biggrin:)

I can't remember what my first post was :frown:

You joined in november silly.
Reply 88
Daveo

Oooops! Would help if I looked at my avatar etc occasionally :redface: That's "about October" anyway :tongue:
Reply 89
Helenia
Oooops! Would help if I looked at my avatar etc occasionally :redface: That's "about October" anyway :tongue:

Yeah, I'll let you off.
Reply 90
Daveo

Same as me. I joined in November
Reply 91
curryADD
what about me? oh yes.....i was lurking in harry potter, talking to xenon, egan1, conversing with (later) sirius fan. hating maskall......

Yeah, you were there, helping form the core of the HP thread.
Reply 92
Daveo
Yeah, I'll let you off.

Why thank you. Still can't give out rep for some unknown reason :mad: which is a little annoying.
Helenia
Why thank you. Still can't give out rep for some unknown reason :mad: which is a little annoying.

Is the pop-up not appearing?

If so then you might have a pop-up blocker installed (it comes as standard on some browsers). Try pressing the Ctrl or Alt key when clicking on the rep link (these are the usual temporary overrides for pop-up blockers)

Alternatively download Mozilla Firefox - a free browser which has an intelligent pop up blocker (ie it blocks ads that are built into certain sites to open when you go to the site but it doesn't block if you click on a link that only opens a pop up window)
Reply 94
For a few months when I came, I didn't use the rep system and didn't know about it. Though when I heard about it, I was surprised to actually find that I did have some rep. But in those days, rep was not a big deal.
Reply 95
im glad Iluvatars back after ages....n e 1 remember the psychiatric phone line thread? thats where my first post was...wasn't registered though :-)
littleone
im glad illuvatars back after ages....n e 1 remember the psychiatric phone line thread? thats where my first post was...wasn't registered though :-)

Who'd illuvatar?
I know my name is iluvatar, but i don't know of anyone with 2 ll's in it?
Yep, of course i remember it... i think.
Reply 97
Iluvatar
Who'd illuvatar?

sorry...i think i was known as shorty or sumthing then...
Reply 98
Iluvatar
Who'd illuvatar?

Yet another one who mis-spelt your name. You should be used to it by now, Iluvatar!
littleone
sorry...i think i was known as shorty or sumthing then...

No prob's.
Everyone spells it wrong, so i try, each time somebody spells it wrong, to make a small issue out of it, to hopefully get to the stage that people can spell my name.

Latest

Trending

Trending