The Student Room Group

not getting maintenence loan

hi hi,
i am currently studying in uk full time, i finished foundation year and i am now on my graphic design course in semsester 2. im from eu and i am on pre-settled status. i qualify and i have the tuition fees approved however im not getting the maintenance loan - and i dont understand why? could it be my visa status?

on top of that, i cant seem to find the maintenance loan form (for this year) for the life of me and there is nothing about it on my student finance account?
i called and emailed sfe many times but nothing ever got resolved.

any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks:smile:
Original post by moth.y
hi hi,
i am currently studying in uk full time, i finished foundation year and i am now on my graphic design course in semsester 2. im from eu and i am on pre-settled status. i qualify and i have the tuition fees approved however im not getting the maintenance loan - and i dont understand why? could it be my visa status?

on top of that, i cant seem to find the maintenance loan form (for this year) for the life of me and there is nothing about it on my student finance account?
i called and emailed sfe many times but nothing ever got resolved.

any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks:smile:

Hi there,

You need to have settled status to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan unless you'#re applying as a Migrant Worker? Are you working during your studies or have a EU family member working in the UK?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
hi!

i dont work at the moment as its abit difficult to find a job with my uni schedule, but if i do get one is there a certain time i would have to be employed for to be able to apply as migrant worker or?
and yes, i do have a family member here in uk, how would the application form and process look like?

thank you!
Original post by moth.y
hi!

i dont work at the moment as its abit difficult to find a job with my uni schedule, but if i do get one is there a certain time i would have to be employed for to be able to apply as migrant worker or?
and yes, i do have a family member here in uk, how would the application form and process look like?

thank you!

Hi there,

When would you be due to get Settled Status? How old are you? Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending