The Student Room Group

What to do about my job??

Hey all so I got offered a job as a senior team member at Gregg's. I worked there a yr ago for a month as a team member but I made mistakes and ended up quitting in the end.
But I didn't tell the area manager that I worked there before.
But when I went to give my right to work documents in the other day I saw my old manager and he recognised me and told the new manager.
So now he asked me whether I worked there before and I said no but he said that he found me on the system and started having a go at me about all of the things that I did wrong before so my old manager must've bad mouthed me to him.
So now he's gonna tell the area manager who interviewed me so I think that they won't give me a job there anymore but iv got nothing else now so what should I do ??
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so I got offered a job as a senior team member at Gregg's. I worked there a yr ago for a month as a team member but I made mistakes and ended up quitting in the end.
But I didn't tell the area manager that I worked there before.
But when I went to give my right to work documents in the other day I saw my old manager and he recognised me and told the new manager.
So now he asked me whether I worked there before and I said no but he said that he found me on the system and started having a go at me about all of the things that I did wrong before so my old manager must've bad mouthed me to him.
So now he's gonna tell the area manager who interviewed me so I think that they won't give me a job there anymore but iv got nothing else now so what should I do ??

Is this job you have applied for at the same branch as before or a different branch?
Did the area manager ask if you had worked there before? If so what did you tell him?
It does seem a bit unprofessional of the new manager to say they looked on the system and have a go at you when you haven't even started yet. The. Again it's also unprofessional of the old manager to go round bad mouthing you.
Would it be worth speaking to the area manager about this?
Reply 2
Hi,
Don't worry it happens just tell them time changes and with it people too! Tell them you have learned from your mistakes and now you can handle anything like a pro!

See, you need to have an open talk with your manager (two things will happen either you'll get your job or will not but, if you didn't do anything chances of not getting it increases).

Best of luck!
Regards,
AT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending