The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by WarrenBuffett
Eating Food after its expiry date (up to 7 days)
Reusing condoms
Not washing bed sheets over the year.
Begging for Money on the tube.
Wearing the same underwear for 2-4 weeks(but i'm probably not on my own on that one)

everything here is a step too far.. especially the condoms, thats disgusting.
Original post by manty

Nothing is a step too far for a student! Ive decided not too post some other things that would be very shameful and make me look really bad.
Original post by manty

I bet they were all totally serious, too.
Get all the hot food from sainsburys minutes before they throw it all away, ridiculous reductions and its hot meat!
Reply 64
Original post by spocckka
In my house toilet, if someone uses a square of toilet paper that turns out to be a 'no wiper', we leave it there for use by the next person.

I hope you're joking. That's disgusting and so unhygienic!
Reply 65
Reusing condoms

I sincerely hope that the reused condom was used with the same girl!

On a side note this thread is brilliant....
Original post by tehforum
Re using toilet paper.

Please tell me you're joking :eyeball:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Removing the vouchers Sainsbury's self-service tills print out that people don't bother to collect and swapping them for viable ones. (They generally work on any Nectar card.) Doing swaps with relevant Tesco vouchers as well, using an elaborate trading scheme.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this please.
Original post by Some random guy
Could you elaborate on what you mean by this please.

The self-service checkouts at Sainsburys print vouchers from a printer located at the top-left hand corner of the till. Those vouchers can be used by anyone - they are not limited to the holder of a specific Nectar card. Lots and lots of people simply forget to pull them out, don't realise they are there or can't be bothered. Sometimes they are for CASH off a shop. Other times they are things like 500 points, worth £2.50. Those are lucky ones, but there are lots of others. When you go to the self-service area, look for machines that still have them sticking out, approach with confidence, do your shop and remove them, using ones that appeal!

It's surprising how many people don't take them.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Buying clothes for fancy dress parties, tucking the labels, going on the razz and returning them the next day.

Lots of shops selling fancy dress clothes don't let you return the goods?
Eating Food after its expiry date (up to 7 days)
Reusing condoms
Not washing bed sheets over the year.
Begging for Money on the tube.
Wearing the same underwear for 2-4 weeks(but i'm probably not on my own on that one)

:eek:

First one isn't too bad, but the others!

Original post by spocckka
In my house toilet, if someone uses a square of toilet paper that turns out to be a 'no wiper', we leave it there for use by the next person.

:eek:
Original post by de_monies
Lots of shops selling fancy dress clothes don't let you return the goods?
Not as in dressing up like a duck, more in the case of I went to a party as Mr Potato head, so I needed to get the hat I'm not paying £20 for a silly hat, or you could go as Russell Brand so need a load of pirate like clothes you wouldn't normally wear. You can get those kind of things from Topman and still return them.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Not as in dressing up like a duck, more in the case of I went to a party as Mr Potato head, so I needed to get the hat I'm not paying £20 for a silly hat, or you could go as Russell Brand so need a load of pirate like clothes you wouldn't normally wear. You can get those kind of things from Topman and still return them.

Ah that would make sense I guess :smile:
Whenever I go shopping, it is about 30 minutes before the shop closes, and I try and get all the cut cost reduced food like the tramp that I am :colone:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The self-service checkouts at Sainsburys print vouchers from a printer located at the top-left hand corner of the till. Those vouchers can be used by anyone - they are not limited to the holder of a specific Nectar card. Lots and lots of people simply forget to pull them out, don't realise they are there or can't be bothered. Sometimes they are for CASH off a shop. Other times they are things like 500 points, worth £2.50. Those are lucky ones, but there are lots of others. When you go to the self-service area, look for machines that still have them sticking out, approach with confidence, do your shop and remove them, using ones that appeal!

It's surprising how many people don't take them.

I always take these! I try and choose a till with one sticking out so I can use that on what I'm about to pay for haha.
Reply 75
I don't want to kill the party, but a lot of these 'tactics' are a step too far. I would be furious if someone stole my food or belongings just to save a few £s. As I'm the first to save, cut spending and cut waste, I wouldn't have a problem with money-saving tactics if they just affect you, but stealing food from buffets or pens is irresponsible. Just buy your own and stop being a cheap skate. I don't understand what makes some of you so important? You may laugh now and say I'm overreacting but someone has to buy the buffet food, for a scruffy student to come along and steal it is frustrating to say the least, what would happen if everyone did it? There'd be none left.

The worst thing I've done was eat biscuits for dinner because I couldn't be bothered to go out, still that's sheer laziness and my problem.
Nothing is a step too far for a student! Ive decided not too post some other things that would be very shameful and make me look really bad.

Please share, it's what the thread is for
Original post by Jon Mustard
Please share, it's what the thread is for

Well you asked so don't complain!

Broke into other students flat's and kitchen's nicking almost all their food
Stole money from my disgustingly cheap parents
Had intercourse with a random older lady for £50.(one of the worst day's of my life)
Reply 78
Original post by Origami Bullets
Choosing shifts at work based on whether or not I will get a free lunch

Going around freshers fair and collecting any freebie going (bottle openers, condoms, pens)

Not eating anything but Dominoes for two weeks of the year, when it's free (with a voucher)

Not putting the heating on until everyone is wearing at least two jumpers

Using a hot water bottle under my jumper to keep warm in winter

Free dominos?! What voucher and where can I get one?:colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Excellent tips... will jott it down :wink:

Now i know why UK economy went down :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending