The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
ThornsnRoses
I want to ****ing cry...I did SO many stupid things, URRGGHH...and i need a ****ing A in this!

Oh, im so upset...

same .. but c4 is harder .. so i'm like :frown: .. ack .. thts two exams messed up in a day (messed up my english lit this morning)

spacko101
so absolutely NO ONE remembers how many marks the Sin2A thing was?

5 marks .. i got the numbers but somehow i totally blanked at what to do with them .. and i got 2sinacosa .. and still blanked! .. i can't believe wat an idiot i am .. hopefully i'll get method marks .. :|
Reply 121
salma1988
for the f-1(x) did we have to show the y=x line?

Nah, if you put a solid y=x line there you might actually get penalised for drawing extra line.
Reply 122
ok, and i missed asopte... or wateva its called... 3 marks down already..

72/75 = 96% ~ 98 UMS?
Reply 123
lifter_gav
does anyone remeber what the composite function was like fg(x) = ???

ln(1.5k)
Reply 124
Malik
Nah, if you put a solid y=x line there you might actually get penalised for drawing extra line.

yessssssssss !!! cant believe some 1 sed that !
Hi guys, just like to say this site was really useful in the leadup to the C3 exam, covered a lot of good pointers.
I thought the paper itself was really nice, weren't too hard. One question though, in the question where it asks you to provide the range of the graph y= ln(x-k) x>-k, is the range not f(x) ER f(x) not equal to minus infinity as -k was the asymptote?
salma1988
ln(1.5k)

I got ln(0.5k)
Reply 127
Piss easy I thought. Some answers I remember:

The theta one, I put 63.4 but later a friend told me it was actually 135 coz it doesn't fall in range

k = 1.5

sin2a = -3(root7)/8

t = 1.46
Reply 128
Malik
Totally random but did everyone notice amount of space they left for each answer, I can understand the graph questions but the others were annoying, because there was many blank pages in the end I had to triple check I wasn't missing a question.

What he^ said.
Reply 129
salma1988
ln(1.5k)

really? ahh crap! for fg(k/4) i got ln(0.5k) i think
I think I left one of the k's inside the modulus.
Reply 131
isnt it ln(k)?
Reply 132
do u think grade boundaries will be low, or will it be 62 for 80 ums
Reply 133
I got ln(0.5k) too...
I thought UMS was out of 100?
Malik
Totally random but did everyone notice amount of space they left for each answer, I can understand the graph questions but the others were annoying, because there was many blank pages in the end I had to triple check I wasn't missing a question.
yes malik, I too triple checked I had answered every question, I was a little confused at so much blank space.

On the Cos = 3/4, find Sin 2A I totally ****ed up, I got 2SinACosA
= 2*3/4*arccos(3/4)
= 3/2arccos(3/4)

shoulda been 3/2*Sin(arccos(3/4))

oops.
KC Prince
do u think grade boundaries will be low, or will it be 62 for 80 ums
It all depends on how the nation did, no one can say.
Reply 137
Stick Man
I thought UMS was out of 100?

It is , I think KC Prince was just reffering to A boundary =80UMS.
Reply 138
ye i got ln (0.5k) as well
Reply 139
that exam was really tricky, think i got it nailed except for a being an idiot and cosA=3/4 or wotever question, and the evil prove (evil trig function)^4 + (another evil trig function)^4. can anyone tell me how u do that trig proof plz?

Latest