The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by PG593
I haven't seen many RUK students get an interview yet for Aberdeen, for those (RUK's) that have, would you mind posting your stats? :smile:

what does RUK stands for?
Original post by Aniaa
what does RUK stands for?

Rest of UK
Hi,

I have applied to study medicine at Aberdeen but I still haven't heard anything from them regarding interviews. Should I be worried because mid-december is not too far away. Can I expect an interview?
My academics are: AS-Level: AAAB
A2 predictions: A*AA
UKCAT- 687.5

Original post by ScienceGUYY
Hi,

I have applied to study medicine at Aberdeen but I still haven't heard anything from them regarding interviews. Should I be worried because mid-december is not too far away. Can I expect an interview?
UKCAT- 687.5

i rekon ukcats gona be the main factor for us RUK, because pretty much everyone's predicted 3A's for a level anyway and the only other thing they look at is ukcat, so i'd say it depends on where we rank on that!
Reply 724
Original post by ScienceGUYY
Hi,

UKCAT- 687.5

I'm in the same boat as you mate, I think we're all worried as the majority of those receiving interviews have been Scottish so far on this thread, so hopefully this week or next week the situation will clarify for us RUK's :tongue:, good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PG593
I'm in the same boat as you mate, I think we're all worried as the majority of those receiving interviews have been Scottish so far on this thread, so hopefully this week or next week the situation will clarify, good luck :smile:

I am getting a bit tired of waiting!!

I still haven't heard anything and I'm from RUK too with 695 and A*A*A prediction.
Reply 726
Does anyone know how their scoring system works and whether achieved grades get given higher points?
Reply 727
Original post by abu125
Does anyone know how their scoring system works and whether achieved grades get given higher points?

I'm not sure on the exact scoring specifics but I do know that achieved grades do get a bonus, but it is capped so that it isn't overly unfair to those in A2.
Reply 728
Original post by PG593
I'm not sure on the exact scoring specifics but I do know that achieved grades do get a bonus, but it is capped so that it isn't overly unfair to those in A2.

Cheers for that reply. I'm still waiting to hear from them and the waiting is quite stressful. Are you applying from England?
Reply 729
Original post by abu125
Cheers for that reply. I'm still waiting to hear from them and the waiting is quite stressful. Are you applying from England?

No probs, I know it's a pain staking process (2nd time for me). Christmas looks bleak at the moment haha. :redface: Yes I'm an English applicant :wink: Yourself? :smile:
Reply 730
I'm scottish with top academics and 715 UKCAT, haven't heard anything :frown: feel a rejection is looming

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 731
Original post by PG593
No probs, I know it's a pain staking process (2nd time for me). Christmas looks bleak at the moment haha. :redface: Yes I'm an English applicant :wink: Yourself? :smile:

Yep, I'm an English applicant myself and 2nd time as well. Got the grades, but don't feel confident on its incentive on the application process.
Reply 732
Original post by abu125
Yep, I'm an English applicant myself and 2nd time as well. Got the grades, but don't feel confident on its incentive on the application process.

Awesome, snap eh? :biggrin: Where else have you applied?
Has anybody had an offer for their back up yet? What are everyone's back ups? (If you have one)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 734
Original post by PG593
Awesome, snap eh? :biggrin: Where else have you applied?

I applied to BSMS, Keele and UEA.
Reply 735
Original post by PG593
I'm in the same boat as you mate, I think we're all worried as the majority of those receiving interviews have been Scottish so far on this thread, so hopefully this week or next week the situation will clarify for us RUK's :tongue:, good luck :smile:

Just like to say I'm Scottish with a ukcat 720 and I havn't received an interview. Don't think it is just RUK. Not sure how they rate x
Reply 736
Original post by haylodge
Just like to say I'm Scottish with a ukcat 720 and I havn't received an interview. Don't think it is just RUK. Not sure how they rate x

Sorry just interested to know why you chose your name? I live near haylodge :smile:
Reply 737
Original post by haylodge

I'm basically the same, except 715 UKCAT 😋 what are your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 738
Original post by akjam
I'm scottish with top academics and 715 UKCAT, haven't heard anything :frown: feel a rejection is looming

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel same thing for myself :frown:
Original post by Roadrunner96
Has anybody had an offer for their back up yet? What are everyone's back ups? (If you have one)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got conditional offer from Imperial for microbiology
Have any of the international applicants got an interview yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending