The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by extermin8or
They are offering priority and 50% off entry into various stuff all week and a ticket to the freshers ball and something else at the start of the week... look forward to your post to see if its worth it or not :smile:

Thanks.

Original post by Alejandro
Oooh can't wait to see your post about this! Do you know generally when everyone starts to buy the freshers tickets? And if they sell out quickly?

As the Kent rep said above, you'll do that when you enrol/get your starter pack. Subscribe to my Freshers week post and I'll let you know when I update it with that sort of info.

Original post by University of Kent
Hi Couttseyyy,

The Accommodation Office will e-mail details of room allocations to Unconditional Firm acceptances who applied by the 31st of July, subject to eligibility, when allocated after the 22nd of August. Other applicants will hear from 1 September.

Thanks,

Marta

Hey, hope you don't mind me jumping in - but is the bolded part also applicable to postgrads for Woolf? :colondollar:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Does anyone know if kents Medway students can take part in some of the canterbury freshers week activities eg the freshers ball?
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Thanks.

As the Kent rep said above, you'll do that when you enrol/get your starter pack. Subscribe to my Freshers week post and I'll let you know when I update it with that sort of info.

Hey, hope you don't mind me jumping in - but is the bolded part also applicable to postgrads for Woolf? :colondollar:

Hi Champagne Supernova,

Yes, this is also true for postgraduates who fulfilled the eligibility criteria and applied before the 31st of July.

Marta
Original post by BB118
Does anyone know if kents Medway students can take part in some of the canterbury freshers week activities eg the freshers ball?

Hi BB118,

Yes, Medway students can take part in all the Canterbury campus freshers week activities! However, there will also be activities on the Medway campus! :smile:

Thanks,

Marta
Reply 24
Original post by University of Kent
Hi BB118,

Yes, Medway students can take part in all the Canterbury campus freshers week activities! However, there will also be activities on the Medway campus! :smile:

Thanks,

Marta

Thank you!
Original post by Alejandro
I'm going! :biggrin: Will be studying comparative literature!
Talking of freshers, is everyone planning on buying that Kent freshers thing on the Kent union website? The one for like £30??

Congrats :biggrin:
You mean the Kent Entertainment Pass? I am considering it but I'll leave that decision for later when more info about the events gets put up to decide on which ones I really want to attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hedwigg
Yep I'm pretty excited, just wish September 21st would arrive already! Good luck with your A-levels, I hope you get what you need :smile: x

I did get what I needed and got accepted by Kent. I can't wait to start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like I'm going to kent :biggrin:

Exciting, right? :smile: What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneha.vag
Hey! So did you get into Kent? :smile:

I ended up being accepted by both my firm and Kent in the end! :eek: *shockhorror*
So I'm afraid I will not be going to Kent in September, I actually did start to get myself a bit excited about it as well. :frown:
Original post by Daniellejo.
I ended up being accepted by both my firm and Kent in the end! :eek: *shockhorror*
So I'm afraid I will not be going to Kent in September, I actually did start to get myself a bit excited about it as well. :frown:

What is your firm? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is your firm? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newcastle! :biggrin:
Reply 31
Does anyone know the easist way to get from gatwick airport to kents medway campus, via public transport?
Thanks!
Original post by Daniellejo.
Newcastle! :biggrin:

Well, Newcastle is great too. Have fun :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BB118
Does anyone know the easist way to get from gatwick airport to kents medway campus, via public transport?
Thanks!

Train via rehill i think thats certaibly easiest way to get to the canterbury campus and I thibk they are on same train line?
Reply 34
How long does it take to get from medway campus to Canterbury campus via the free bus service?
Reply 35
I will be studying law at kent this september :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kamso
I will be studying law at kent this september :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! :smile: It's so exciting, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Yeah!!! I cant wait :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kamso
Yeah!!! I cant wait :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your first choice accommodation? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I think its in tyler A

Posted from TSR Mobile