The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by chocoholic_x
Oh yeah, they have quite a few Holmes stories to go through yet though so hopefully they'll still keep them coming. Plus, Moffatt is retiring from writing Doctor Who soon isn't he? So you wouldn't think he'd let go of both his babies. But yes, cliff-hangers are very much possible I think. :tongue:

Aha, is that him in War Horse? Certainly not his best look. :tongue: And yes, all the actors in Sherlock, I find, are brilliant in their roles.

:eek: We should definitely do that! I have a friend who goes to 'the other place' and she says her roommates gather round together when a new episode of Sherlock is on. That would be even better if everyone in the bar were to all excitedly (or be forced into) watching Sherlock together!

Edit. Not sure which bar though?

Yeah :lol: They are, especially Moriarty. Any bar! It would be so much fun :ahee:

Original post by francesw
can I join? :biggrin:

The more the merrier!

Original post by bananarama2
I'm a Sherlock fan but I'm at Emma :/

You can still come :tongue:
Reply 81
/shows off Sherlock wristband and t-shirt

I hope these are sufficient evidence for my fangirl tendancies :biggrin:
Original post by nickyr212
Today they sent me an email with my login details, and on the CamTools website, they have all sorts of announcements and forms you need to fill in. A revised reading list was included in mine.

Which College are you at, for which subject? I'm still waiting for more information... :frown:
Original post by Etoile
Yeah :lol: They are, especially Moriarty. Any bar! It would be so much fun :ahee:

Aw yeah, I was quite upset about Moriarty. Do you think there's any chance of him coming back? Aha, we should try and find the bar most willing to let us invade. :colone:

Original post by Loulybob
/shows off Sherlock wristband and t-shirt

I hope these are sufficient evidence for my fangirl tendancies :biggrin:

Ha, certainly! I love how this thread has turned into a Sherlock discussion. :biggrin: Where did you get the t-shirt?
Aw yeah, I was quite upset about Moriarty. Do you think there's any chance of him coming back? Aha, we should try and find the bar most willing to let us invade. :colone:

Definitely, look what happened in the books :biggrin:
Sherlock fan at Fitz. :colone: (Can my contribution be my knowledge of Sherlock drinking games?)
Original post by justanotheruser
Which College are you at, for which subject? I'm still waiting for more information... :frown:

Girton, PBS
They basically gave me a ton of forms to fill out (accommodation, medical form, etc.), I don't know if other colleges do the same.
Reply 87
Original post by nickyr212
Girton, PBS
They basically gave me a ton of forms to fill out (accommodation, medical form, etc.), I don't know if other colleges do the same.

Got similar stuff from Homerton. Plus some pre course work & course info from Maths Dept
Original post by Etoile
Yes! I missed my offer but got let in anyway, so I'm worried I'll seem really stupid compared to everyone else :redface:

What did you get/what course? :smile:
Reply 89

Ha, certainly! I love how this thread has turned into a Sherlock discussion. :biggrin: Where did you get the t-shirt?

I hope he'll be back, after all they haven't even introduced Moran yet!

Original post by Davelittle
What did you get/what course? :smile:

AAAA (2 ums away from the A* :angry:) for MML
Original post by Etoile

AAAA (2 ums away from the A* :angry:) for MML

Maybe the four A levels saved you! :smile:
Reply 91

The T-shirt is from RedBubble, artists upload their designs and the company does the printing, it's pretty sweet for fandom t-shirts or even just funny t-shirts :wink:
Original post by iamsherlocked
Yep for the whole year! Thanks :smile: Yeah I guess so. Poor John :cry:

Yusss we've found another Sherlock fan!
I was actually saying to my friend yesterday - who is starting at Caius in October - that we should start a Sherlock society when we get there (as there's already a Doctor Who one so we felt that Sherlock was underrepresented) ...looks like we've got 4 members so far :tongue:

Hello fellow Sherlock aficionados, I just found out today that my place for PBS at Cambridge is confirmed :biggrin: I got the grade I needed in GCSE Maths resit *happy dance* and would also be interested in being part of a Sherlock society!! Have read the books and have the first two BBC Seasons on DVD - love it! :biggrin: Please could I join too? :colondollar:
Definitely, look what happened in the books :biggrin:

Original post by Etoile

Yay, I hope so! :biggrin:

Original post by Loulybob
The T-shirt is from RedBubble, artists upload their designs and the company does the printing, it's pretty sweet for fandom t-shirts or even just funny t-shirts :wink:

Oh! Thank you for telling me about this site! I searched it over an hour ago and haven't been able to stop looking at the designs of all the various fandom t-shirts since. :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by tabularasa22
Hello fellow Sherlock aficionados, I just found out today that my place for PBS at Cambridge is confirmed :biggrin: I got the grade I needed in GCSE Maths resit *happy dance* and would also be interested in being part of a Sherlock society!! Have read the books and have the first two BBC Seasons on DVD - love it! :biggrin: Please could I join too? :colondollar:

Hello to you too, fellow Sherlockian. Congratulations on your place! :biggrin: I'll be studying PBS also, so I'm sure we can have many a' discussions on Sherlock pre/post lectures. Which college have you been accepted in to?
I'm so jealous that you all have so much information already! Have you had your room allocations yet? I don't get log in details, allocations etc until 2nd September!
Original post by hogwartian1993
I'm so jealous that you all have so much information already! Have you had your room allocations yet? I don't get log in details, allocations etc until 2nd September!

Yes! I'm in a bad room apparently :/
Hey guys - didn't realise this thread existed...checking in :biggrin:
Yes! I'm in a bad room apparently :/

How do you know that? I'm quite lucky as the rooms have recently been refurbished at my college so I should be alright...
Original post by hogwartian1993
How do you know that? I'm quite lucky as the rooms have recently been refurbished at my college so I should be alright...

I was talking to one of the second years! Some of the rooms at Emma have been refurbished, but not mine. I may be pleasantly surprised who knows.

Latest

Trending

Trending