The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York colleges selection

I'm studying chemistry - is there a college that all of the chemistry students particularly stay in ?? Or even science students ?? Plus which colleges are the most lively and have the most social events - as this is very important to me !!
Original post by kerry199
I'm studying chemistry - is there a college that all of the chemistry students particularly stay in ?? Or even science students ?? Plus which colleges are the most lively and have the most social events - as this is very important to me !!

Take a look at YSTV's Guide to Colleges, it'll show you where the areas are and what the rooms look like. If you want to know about college character and spirit, Nouse and Vision (the two main campus newspapers) have guides to that too :smile:

Don't worry too much about living with people from your course, or even other scientists - you'll see your coursemates all day, so it's a good idea to be around different people when you're not at work. People from different subjects are spread all around the colleges, and when the uni allocate rooms they try to put everyone near at least one other person of similar/the same subject, with a mix of different subjects too. In my house in first year there were two physicists, two English with Education, two Politics, two PPE, one CS/Maths and an English Language/Linguistics.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by kerry199

I had one chemistry student in New Vanbrugh but he felt so isolated from other chemistry students that he moved to New Goodrick where most people from his department were located. He loved it there, in his opinion it was much more social, more fun, more community spirit. So maybe have a look at the Hest East accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending