The Student Room Group

AS physics?

So I had to retake year 12 due to health problems and had my heart set on chemical engineering.
I want to go to ucl as its in london and a good university. However they require physics to at least AS. I currently study maths, chem bio and English lit. I've asked my college if I can do physics AS next year and they've agreed but I'm starting to have second thoughts as I haven't even done physics since gcse (two years ago) and I don't want studying physics to bring down the rest of my subjects.
Should I just concentrate on my 3 A2's (maths, chem and bio) and forget about ucl or should I study AS physics?
Thanks in advance for any help :smile:
nothing from gcse physics is even related to a level physics (srs)
I think you shouldnt take physics as it will jeopardise your other subjects results. You can do a lot with those A2's because they keep your options open(those specific subjects) You could do something else at UCL?
Original post by ravishingrick69
nothing from gcse physics is even related to a level physics (srs)

Ah okay, thanks!
Original post by Youdontneedtokno
I think you shouldnt take physics as it will jeopardise your other subjects results. You can do a lot with those A2's because they keep your options open(those specific subjects) You could do something else at UCL?

I really want to study chem eng. UCL is just a bonus because its pretty close to where I live and a good uni.
I'm just worried I won't be able to handle the pressure. Other good universities such as manchester and birmingham don't ask for physics..maybe I should just apply there.
Original post by Justcuriousyaknow
Ah okay, thanks!

I really want to study chem eng. UCL is just a bonus because its pretty close to where I live and a good uni.
I'm just worried I won't be able to handle the pressure. Other good universities such as manchester and birmingham don't ask for physics..maybe I should just apply there.

If your heart is set on UCL, by all means go ahead!

Quick Reply

Latest