The Student Room Group

Could Someone please help me

Hi. Basically at college i want to do AS Sociology and AS Psychology this year but you need a 5.5 Average GCSE score, my GCSEs went terrible last year and i literately got Cs in the main subjects and did rubbish in my other GCSE subject; thus i achieved a 4.3 GCSE Score. it was a reality check and i could not pick these 2 courses last year as i was to scared of rejection from these courses. I am proud to say that this past year i chose to do 2 AS subjects and yesterday i achieved two secure Bs in both me AS subjects! I got a 100% attendance last year and all four of my teachers told me a was a great student and my GCSEs are not a true reflection of me. On the 29th i will be enrolling into the second year and i am really scared they will not let me in these two course even though i know i will put 100% effort into both subjects (they will also help me in what i want to do which is Primary Teaching). What i am asking for is some advise in how i should approach it trying to get into these two courses, what should i say to the heads to see if i can persuade them in letting me in there courses?

Please respond as i am just a typical 17-year-old like you (or were) who just wants to prove himself to the world, yesterday i was predicted to get two Es and i showed them what I'm capable of. Thank you for your time as i am very anxious as you can tell :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Nobody? Please guys, I need your advice! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest