The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Is it worth applying to Barts with a 490 ucas tariff and a ukcat of 767.5? I don't want to be over ambitious and end up wasting an option. Any advice??
HELP!!!

I'm predicted A*AA at A-Level
Got AAAB at AS (Banking one of the A's)
Likely to get A* in my EPQ
and got 660 Band 1 in my UKCAT

Do I count both my AS and A2 grades as part of my tariff (even if I am not dropping them)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by scotta7x
HELP!!!

I'm predicted A*AA at A-Level
Got AAAB at AS (Banking one of the A's)
Likely to get A* in my EPQ
and got 660 Band 1 in my UKCAT

What is my tariff and chance of getting an interview? URGENT as I need to send off my application very soon!!!!

Google ucas tariff and work it out yourself...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, really struggling over whether or not to apply here, it would definitely be my first choice if I did. Really really want to go to Barts but I'm not sure whether or not I would be a viable candidate.
I got 685 average in my UKCAT
630 VR
890 QR
660 AA
560 DA
Band 1 STJ

I am predicted 3A*s and an A at A level but I've done nothing else to contribute to my UCAS tariff meaning, I would achieve 540 if I hit my prediction.

Not that it matters much for Barts but I've been told by my referee that my personal statement is exceptional.

Need help urgently!!
Original post by Theabsolutelad
Hi guys, really struggling over whether or not to apply here, it would definitely be my first choice if I did. Really really want to go to Barts but I'm not sure whether or not I would be a viable candidate.
I got 685 average in my UKCAT
630 VR
890 QR
660 AA
560 DA
Band 1 STJ

I am predicted 3A*s and an A at A level but I've done nothing else to contribute to my UCAS tariff meaning, I would achieve 540 if I hit my prediction.

Not that it matters much for Barts but I've been told by my referee that my personal statement is exceptional.

Need help urgently!!

Have you included your AS results (even those you're carrying onto A2) as these count (I think?) and will add up another few points that should help! But your grades and UKCAT are really good!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys, With a ukcat score of 645 and band 1, do I stand a chance for an interview? I am a graduate with a 2.1.

Really confused. Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Have you included your AS results (even those you're carrying onto A2) as these count (I think?) and will add up another few points that should help! But your grades and UKCAT are really good!!

No, unfortunately I don't think they count as I'm doing them all at A2. I've done nothing else though! So I know the maximum I will score is 560 (which I know I won't get) and my prediction is currently 540.

Worth applying or not then?
Original post by Theabsolutelad
No, unfortunately I don't think they count as I'm doing them all at A2. I've done nothing else though! So I know the maximum I will score is 560 (which I know I won't get) and my prediction is currently 540.

Worth applying or not then?

I'm not sure, I would say if you really want to go there then yeah go for it! Also, it depends where else you may go if you decide to not apply there.

They only count if you arent continuing to.a2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Just wonder if anyone knows how Barts calculates the 50%/ 50% weightings on UKCAT and tariff points?
Do they add up the 2 scores together and then diviided by 2 or do they have a special formula?
Hi everyone!

Im thinking of applying to batts but Im worried about the application policy!! I have a UKCAT of 635 (2540) and am predicted A*AAA. I think this works out to be 500 tariff, however I have two music grades which total to 135 so my overall tariff should be 635.

Is this how tariff works??
Do you think I have a chance at interview with my UKCAT and tariff??

Thank you for honest opinions!!!! :smile:
Original post by naykaykay
Is it worth applying to Barts with a 490 ucas tariff and a ukcat of 767.5? I don't want to be over ambitious and end up wasting an option. Any advice??

You should be safe. I know someone who got in with same tarrif but slightly lower ukcat score than you last year!
Reply 3852
Hi guys. Are there any current medic undergrads out there who can tell me what to read up on/what text books to buy for my first year. Secured a place at med for Bart's 5 year MBBS but currently on my gap year so wanted to prep myself a little bit so next year doesn't become too much of a shocker. Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 3853
I am applying for medicine 2015 entry, I have a 640 UKCAT and 4 A2s maths (A), Chemistry(A), Biology(A), Physics (B).
I was wondering If anyone could suggest any Universities that I should Apply to? Will Barts consider me?
I would be very grateful for any help :smile:
Any International applicants who applied to Bart's for 2014 entry. What were your ucas tariff and ukcat score like? I applied with a 589 tariff and a 2870 ukcat. I hope that's safe enough.
Original post by dearzo
Hi guys. Are there any current medic undergrads out there who can tell me what to read up on/what text books to buy for my first year. Secured a place at med for Bart's 5 year MBBS but currently on my gap year so wanted to prep myself a little bit so next year doesn't become too much of a shocker. Thanks! :biggrin:

Dont buy anything or read up on anything. Go into the library and peal the foil off the code bit of the book on the inside cover and get the inkling version for free. But seriously don't read anything, you'll get terribly bored and won't be able to do anything meaningful.. just enjoy your time off, it gets very hard from here on in..!!
Original post by dearzo

Barts first year here, I bought 2 of the 3 recommended textbooks. I haven't had the real need to use any of them and most of the time you don't. Maybe the exception is when you do PBL writeups but then you need many sources anyway so you can just go to the library and use the books there.

TL;DR don't buy textbooks before you come, if you wanted you have more than enough time after you enrol. They're probably cheaper from QM bookstore anyway.
Hey, I was wondering is someone could help me, does anyone know WHEN we will find out whether we have an offer? Thanks
I think they said they would start giving out offers at the end of March. Hope this is helpful! :smile:
Original post by flowwy22
Hey, I was wondering is someone could help me, does anyone know WHEN we will find out whether we have an offer? Thanks

Well, if you were wondering about 2014 entry, then I hope you've already heard! :rolleyes:

Assuming you mean for 2015 entry, this is the wrong thread. To answer your question though, all Barts have said is mid-March.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending