The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
I would probably go home every weekend or every 2nd weekend. And will have to see if I get my other 2 uni's
Scared/Nervous of living away from home but at the same time excited
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sounds good! True :smile: I feel the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
OFFER FROM DURHAM EEEP :biggrin: finally got them all now :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 8562
Guys I really need your help I don't know who else to tell - the thing is, I'm not doing very well in History, for my past three essays I've gotten D's and it's really getting me down. I'm predicted a B, which I got last year and I really want an A - I feel like I'm capable but for some reason I'm doing so badly at essay writing (I'm on OCR doing Civil Rights 1865-1992 btw)

So if any of you are doing history, even if it isn't the same topic/exam board please give me some tips you use to help you do well, I never get D's and it's really peeving me off that I can't seem to do well - help will be much appreciated!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firm and insurance made, scary :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8565
Original post by Lucy96
Firm and insurance made, scary :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought you said you wouldn't do it yet.
What did you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Thought you said you wouldn't do it yet.
What did you choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decided I might as well just go for it as I'm pretty sure on my choices. Liverpool as my firm and Durham as my insurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8567
Original post by Lucy96
Decided I might as well just go for it as I'm pretty sure on my choices. Liverpool as my firm and Durham as my insurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what you were saying yesterday :smile: and well good choices. I know you'll get the grades for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
So what you were saying yesterday :smile: and well good choices. I know you'll get the grades for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup :biggrin: aw thank you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey peeps how are we all??

Feeling festive? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zahra_d
I'm on OCR doing Civil Rights 1865-1992 btw)

omg... Civil Rights in America? :eek:
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liverpool is my firm too. :smile:
Reply 8572
Original post by Paparazzo
omg... Civil Rights in America? :eek:

Yeah! Are you doing the same?
Original post by zahra_d
Yeah! Are you doing the same?

On OCR? Yes I am!
Reply 8574
On OCR? Yes I am!

Oh cool! How are you finding it? what part have you got to? We're finishing up trade unions and it's such a bore *snores*
Original post by zahra_d
Oh cool! How are you finding it? what part have you got to? We're finishing up trade unions and it's such a bore *snores*

You're well ahead of us! We've only just moved onto Native Americans from African Americans... At least now I know what I have to look forwards to...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8576
You're well ahead of us! We've only just moved onto Native Americans from African Americans... At least now I know what I have to look forwards to...

haha well I've been looking forward to Native Americans for a while! Seems like such an interesting topic - not many people on here seem to be doing American Civil Rights on TSR, at least not many that I know of! So what are you doing for coursework? :smile:
Original post by zahra_d
haha well I've been looking forward to Native Americans for a while! Seems like such an interesting topic - not many people on here seem to be doing American Civil Rights on TSR, at least not many that I know of! So what are you doing for coursework? :smile:

We did Native Americans at GCSE so all we've done so far really is just recap what we already did. :colone:

For the one I chose I'm doing the Catholic threat to Elizabeth I. And yourself?
Reply 8578
We did Native Americans at GCSE so all we've done so far really is just recap what we already did. :colone:

For the one I chose I'm doing the Catholic threat to Elizabeth I. And yourself?

Ah lucky! I didn't do GCSE History so I'm learning everything from scratch - ooh Elizabeth I! I actually did that for my exam last year, lol - I'm doing it on the Vietnam War and whether the impact was worse for the US or SE Asia, very interesting!
Original post by g.k.galloway
Hey peeps how are we all??

Feeling festive? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :biggrin: I'm well thank you, yourself? :smile:

Yup, so excited for Christmas :biggrin:
Liverpool is my firm too. :smile:

:woo: exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest