The Student Room Group

My Hamster Is Ill And I Dont Know What To Do!!!!!!

My hamster has a red raw bum with fleshy stuff sticking out
does anyone no what to do?
please email me
i think ur all right my hamsters gonna die
my parents wont take it to the vet so it looks like im gonna have to get a new hamster
im soo depressed
at the mo
hhhmmm
does anyone have a cure for depression?
and no drugs!
im not taking drgs for depression!
Reply 1
jamestheelf
please email me

put vaseline on it?
Reply 2
jamestheelf
please email me

sounds like wet tail. i'm not sure what you do, but i do know it can be quite serious if left alone.

lou xxx
Reply 3
Wet Tail: also called proliferative ileitis and regional enteritis. This is a highly contagious disease, and most common in recently weaned hamsters. The cause is uncertain, but a bacteria called Campylobacter jejuni may be involved, and in some cases the disease is associated with stress, crowding, and diet changes. Affected hamsters may die very quickly, exhibiting signs such as diarrhea (causing wetness around the tail), lethargy, loss of appetite, and ruffled coat. Note: not all hamsters with diarrhea have this disease, see below.

better get your hamster to a vet :frown:
Reply 4
I hope your hamster is ok, its awful when pets are ill. I remember when my old cat had AIDS it was one of the sadest moments of my life I was 20 at the time and I was in tears when I had to watch my dad bury him.

Hopefully your hamster will be fine though.
Reply 5
mine had that it was cancer and it got bigger and bigger. the vet can give injections so take him/her as soon as poss
Reply 6
I've never been allowed a pet. But I remember when my friend's dog died, it almost made me cry because he had had the dog since he was little and he couldn't talk about the dog without crying :frown:
jamestheelf
please email me

*shudders*

Too much information! :tongue:
Reply 8
jamestheelf
please email me

wet tail is confused with diarrehae a lot of the time so its prolly just got the runs. is it eating and acting as normal. my hamsters had stuff wrong wiv it like that and the vet just gave her antibiotics.
Reply 9
amazingtrade
I hope your hamster is ok, its awful when pets are ill. I remember when my old cat had AIDS it was one of the sadest moments of my life I was 20 at the time and I was in tears when I had to watch my dad bury him.

Hopefully your hamster will be fine though.

wow can cats get aids? thought it was a person thing
Reply 10
it hasnt got another male hamster as well? lol

omg thats sick, why did i say that lol....
Reply 11
emmz

I never knew this either but apparantly feline AIDS is one of the biggest killers of the feline population its very common and there is a cure of it, but the government don't want to invest any more in research for it.

its different from the human kind but its the same thing, humans cannot catch AIDs of a cat.
jamestheelf
please email me

looks like the hamsters a gonner, sorry mate, better get it to a vet asap. You never know your luck.

I also have a red raw bum, any suggestions?
jamestheelf
please email me

get a new one? they're only £3.
iiikewldude
get a new one? they're only £3.

harsh ... yet so appropriate nonetheless.
emmz

It is not the same virus that humans get but I think it attacks the animal's immune system in the same way. The full name is: aquired immune deficiency syndrome, so as you can see, it is quite a general term.
TAKE IT TO THE VET- hopefully you will not be reading this as you will already have taken it :frown:
Reply 17
Woodsy
looks like the hamsters a gonner, sorry mate, better get it to a vet asap. You never know your luck.

I also have a red raw bum, any suggestions?

last time i checked he was acutally looking for advice, not to poke fun at the problem. :mad:
Reply 18
If you are emotionally attached to it take it to the vet. If not let it be and if it gets better good. If it doesn't put it out of it's misery and get a new one.

Latest

Trending

Trending