The Student Room Group

gcse english frankenstein

hello, my school does frankenstein for the novel and i have honestly found it hell. I was lost for the whole time we were reading it, i dont remember any quotes or literally half the characters names/relationships and whenever i even try to reread the book i just cant get myself to actually remember what i just read. it doesnt help that i literally cannot find any resources online bcs apparently no other school is insane enough to do frankenstein. ik im literally just about to go into yr 11 so i still have a lot of time but i genuinely dont think ill do well...

my main question is would it be alright if i attempted to learn a different novel instead of frankenstein? obviously ill still try my best with frankenstein but as a last resort would it be smart to try and somewhat learn a different novel and maybe have a better chance at not failing 😭 my main issue is just that it seems like no one else in this damn country is doing frankenstein and itd be way easier to do a novel where i can actually find resources online.

if anyone else is doing/has done frankenstein pls let me know what u do to revise 🙏 and if u arent then pls just let me know if learning another novel would be stupid 💀
Reply 1
just try remeber small amounts of quotes that you could use for multiple themes eg find a quote you can use for revenge, isolation and discrimination as the creatures desire for revenge mainly comes from his isolation due to discrimination
Reply 2
even i do frankenstein and i want to change book because resources are so limited
no way i do frankenstein too, i actually find it decent enough but yeah the lack of online resources is annoying compared to plays like romeo and juliet or an inspector calls
Reply 4
Original post by ibrahim_hu2008
no way i do frankenstein too, i actually find it decent enough but yeah the lack of online resources is annoying compared to plays like romeo and juliet or an inspector calls

omg i do frankenstein too dw and i'm struggling with revision esp since i want to achieve those high grades. how have you been revising it? we're so close to the exams too and i'm panicking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending