The Student Room Group

Decisions decisions!

Okay, it's time to tell UCAS my decision soon...

Would everyone choose Leeds for economics? I'm 99% sure, but it's such a big decision! I was meant to be going to Leeds this weekend but in the end we couldn't go which is so annoying. I went for the open day a while ago and I really liked it... but half a days visit just seems so small to base a decision on!

(BBB offer, the other offers I have are Bristol AAA, Durham ABB and Newcastle BBB) (o and i'll get AAA)

Any feedback?
Reply 1
emma_
Okay, it's time to tell UCAS my decision soon...

Would everyone choose Leeds for economics? I'm 99% sure, but it's such a big decision! I was meant to be going to Leeds this weekend but in the end we couldn't go which is so annoying. I went for the open day a while ago and I really liked it... but half a days visit just seems so small to base a decision on!

(BBB offer, the other offers I have are Bristol AAA, Durham ABB and Newcastle BBB) (o and i'll get AAA)

Any feedback?

i will go to bristol/durham for economics cus their economics department i find is better than leeds? why did you choose leeds?
Reply 2
Leeds is meant to be buzzing for the student population, and has a good, solid reputation amongst employers. Durham/Bristol are better academically.. but hey - who cares? Go for the university that you are going to enjoy spending 3 years of your life at.. you'll find yourself more motivated and consequently come out with a better degree had you have gone to one of the others.
Reply 3
For me the choice would be between Leeds or Newcastle but I would say that you should go to wherever you think you will be happiest at and consequently achieve the best degree result. They are all great uni's so you have nothing to worry about there!!! :smile:
Reply 4
You'll get people telling you that you should go for the universities with better reputations, like TheWolf is.. but take no notice - you should go with your gut instinct.
Reply 5
James_W
You'll get people telling you that you should go for the universities with better reputations, like TheWolf is.. but take no notice - you should go with your gut instinct.

LOL when did i say that? anyways if you like different cities thesame, obviously you look at reputations
Reply 6
TheWolf
LOL when did i say that?

i will go to bristol/durham for economics cus their economics department i find is better than leeds
:wink:
Reply 7
LOL...aren't quotes lovely little things.... :biggrin:
Reply 8
to be fair, he didn't mention reputation.. just the departments. But he was gonna :biggrin:
Reply 9
Frances
:wink:

how does that quote show anything remotely linked to reputation and me influencing him?

i said that the departments are better than leads ie the quality - not reputation , and i said that i wanna go to these universities rather than going to bath
Reply 10
TheWolf
how does that quote show anything remotely linked to reputation and me influencing him?

i said that the departments are better than leads ie the quality - not reputation , and i said that i wanna go to these universities rather than going to bath

ahh tuché...
Reply 11
TheWolf

The impression that I got from your post was that she should go there because they had a better reputation. Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's how it came across.
Reply 12
Reply 14

Bit of a tenuous link but the piccy is great. I remember the cartoon from when I was a wee kiddie....ahh to be young and impressed by swords.... :wink:
Reply 15
Leekey
For me the choice would be between Leeds or Newcastle but I would say that you should go to wherever you think you will be happiest at and consequently achieve the best degree result. They are all great uni's so you have nothing to worry about there!!!

James_W
Leeds is meant to be buzzing for the student population, and has a good, solid reputation amongst employers. Durham/Bristol are better academically.. but hey - who cares? Go for the university that you are going to enjoy spending 3 years of your life at.. you'll find yourself more motivated and consequently come out with a better degree had you have gone to one of the others.

Damn right!

TheWolf
i will go to bristol/durham for economics cus their economics department i find is better than leeds? why did you choose leeds?

Well I'm choosing Leeds because when I visited I really liked the atmosphere it had, and it seemed to be really nice with a campus feel to it but still very much in the city. I didn't really like Bristol (went to 2 open days), and I feel that Durham would be far too small for me, and Leeds would be above Newcastle and they have the same offer. Theonly thing offputting me is that it has a slightly lower reputation. But I think that I should ignore it, as it's still a very good university and these are 3 of the best years of my life so might as well enjoy it in Leeds! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending