Decisions decisions! Watch

This discussion is closed.
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Okay, it's time to tell UCAS my decision soon...

Would everyone choose Leeds for economics? I'm 99% sure, but it's such a big decision! I was meant to be going to Leeds this weekend but in the end we couldn't go which is so annoying. I went for the open day a while ago and I really liked it... but half a days visit just seems so small to base a decision on!

(BBB offer, the other offers I have are Bristol AAA, Durham ABB and Newcastle BBB) (o and i'll get AAA)

Any feedback?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
Okay, it's time to tell UCAS my decision soon...

Would everyone choose Leeds for economics? I'm 99% sure, but it's such a big decision! I was meant to be going to Leeds this weekend but in the end we couldn't go which is so annoying. I went for the open day a while ago and I really liked it... but half a days visit just seems so small to base a decision on!

(BBB offer, the other offers I have are Bristol AAA, Durham ABB and Newcastle BBB) (o and i'll get AAA)

Any feedback?

i will go to bristol/durham for economics cus their economics department i find is better than leeds? why did you choose leeds?
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Leeds is meant to be buzzing for the student population, and has a good, solid reputation amongst employers. Durham/Bristol are better academically.. but hey - who cares? Go for the university that you are going to enjoy spending 3 years of your life at.. you'll find yourself more motivated and consequently come out with a better degree had you have gone to one of the others.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
For me the choice would be between Leeds or Newcastle but I would say that you should go to wherever you think you will be happiest at and consequently achieve the best degree result. They are all great uni's so you have nothing to worry about there!!!
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You'll get people telling you that you should go for the universities with better reputations, like TheWolf is.. but take no notice - you should go with your gut instinct.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by James_W)
You'll get people telling you that you should go for the universities with better reputations, like TheWolf is.. but take no notice - you should go with your gut instinct.
LOL when did i say that? anyways if you like different cities thesame, obviously you look at reputations
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
LOL when did i say that?
i will go to bristol/durham for economics cus their economics department i find is better than leeds
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
LOL...aren't quotes lovely little things....
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
to be fair, he didn't mention reputation.. just the departments. But he was gonna
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
how does that quote show anything remotely linked to reputation and me influencing him?

i said that the departments are better than leads ie the quality - not reputation , and i said that i wanna go to these universities rather than going to bath
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
how does that quote show anything remotely linked to reputation and me influencing him?

i said that the departments are better than leads ie the quality - not reputation , and i said that i wanna go to these universities rather than going to bath

ahh tuché...
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

The impression that I got from your post was that she should go there because they had a better reputation. Maybe that's not what you meant, but that's how it came across.
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
ahh tuché...
http://www.wingnuttoons.com/threemus.jpg
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
Bit of a tenuous link but the piccy is great. I remember the cartoon from when I was a wee kiddie....ahh to be young and impressed by swords....
emma_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
For me the choice would be between Leeds or Newcastle but I would say that you should go to wherever you think you will be happiest at and consequently achieve the best degree result. They are all great uni's so you have nothing to worry about there!!!
Leeds is meant to be buzzing for the student population, and has a good, solid reputation amongst employers. Durham/Bristol are better academically.. but hey - who cares? Go for the university that you are going to enjoy spending 3 years of your life at.. you'll find yourself more motivated and consequently come out with a better degree had you have gone to one of the others.
Damn right!

i will go to bristol/durham for economics cus their economics department i find is better than leeds? why did you choose leeds?
Well I'm choosing Leeds because when I visited I really liked the atmosphere it had, and it seemed to be really nice with a campus feel to it but still very much in the city. I didn't really like Bristol (went to 2 open days), and I feel that Durham would be far too small for me, and Leeds would be above Newcastle and they have the same offer. Theonly thing offputting me is that it has a slightly lower reputation. But I think that I should ignore it, as it's still a very good university and these are 3 of the best years of my life so might as well enjoy it in Leeds!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%