The Student Room Group

What to wear to a house party when on your period :(?

I am going to a house party on Friday for a friends 18th and I started my period today so I will definitely be 'on' for the party which I am really upset about :frown: . I can't do tampons so I wear sanitary towels.
The guy that I like is going to be at the party and I want to look good but not at risk of flashing myself after a few drinks.
What do you think I should wear?
Reply 1
Ooo, hadn't thought of black jeans; good call! What kind of top should I wear (colour/style) that will make the outfit a bit sexier, as I don't think anyone is wearing heels?
Reply 2
Short white miniskirt. :colonhash:

Hmph. Clearly someone doesn't live their life on the edge. :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Anything? Sanitary towels don't have to be huge and bulky. I'm sure you've never noticed anyone else wearing one.

Just avoid skimpy pants and light coloured bottoms if you're really worried.
Whatever you like :smile: I still wear dresses and skirts when I'm on and I use pads! Highly, highly doubt anyone will notice, just don't wear something ridiculously short so you're at risk of flashing. If you want to wear a skirt, maybe wear tights as well so you feel a bit more covered. If you're really nervous what holson said about black skinny jeans sounds good too!
Reply 5
If you wanted to wear a dress or skirt you could always put a pair of shorts on underneath, lots of girls do that even when they aren't on!

I think black skinny jeans is a good idea, or leggings which will be pretty comfy too! Top wise I would say something colourful, blouse or shirt?? I normally opt for skirts and dresses when I go to parties..

Jewellery is a great way to make a statement though if you don't want to wear heels :smile:
who is hosting it ?

if it's Noel the answer is obvious ... a Blobby Suit

( however this may have missed the TSR demographic slightly )
I'd just wear tights that way you can wear what you want, or like someone said skinny jeans :smile:
Reply 8
Just wear whatever like a dress and short black cycling shorts (not actual cycling shorts, just really short leggings)
granny pants, leggings and a long top

seriously comfortable and will look good.

honestly if I wasn't on my period I would probably wear that anyway

don't go in something you won't be comfortable in, basically, because otherwise you might as well not go.

also take a spare change of pants and sanitary towels/ tampons, whatever you use with you
A dark coloured dress with a flowy skirt to give your body room to breathe and easily move around in. Carry extras in you purse if you're too worried and make sure to put on some perfume.

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by zippyRN
who is hosting it ?

if it's Noel the answer is obvious ... a Blobby Suit

( however this may have missed the TSR demographic slightly )

it made me laugh!
Reply 12
I hate this scenario when I am on mine I always wear dark clothes as i have leaked before. Best thing to do is get the extra long pads they are much better than the normal size (if you don't already) wear dark colours with tights if its a skirt/dress you choose to go in.
Reply 13
Original post by kindofanon
I am going to a house party on Friday for a friends 18th and I started my period today so I will definitely be 'on' for the party which I am really upset about :frown: . I can't do tampons so I wear sanitary towels.
The guy that I like is going to be at the party and I want to look good but not at risk of flashing myself after a few drinks.

a tampon? :dontknow:
Original post by askew116
a tampon? :dontknow:

I was going to say exactly the same thing! Great minds!
Reply 15
Mooncup/Lunette.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
Reply 16
Original post by kindofanon

If you're period lasts the normal 5 days it should be pretty light anyway. Just make sure you wear something dark on the bottom.

Quick Reply

Latest