Reply 20
hey I'm applying to Kent for film :smile: at Canterbury site

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
I'm applying for a BA in English Language and Linguistics. I'm aiming to send off my application sometime near the end of this month. :smile:
Reply 22
I'm applying to Kent for Financial Economics. Sent off my application to my school yesterday :smile:
Original post by SP10
I'm applying to Kent for Financial Economics. Sent off my application to my school yesterday :smile:

What AS grades did you get? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Alex-Torres
What AS grades did you get? :smile:

I got 3Bs and a C. What did you get?
Might apply for Accounting and Finance :smile:
Hey guys, how badly judged do you think my AS grades will be- I got BCD. Not awful, but a bit worrying. I know I can get the ABB overall and I'm retaking anyway but damn I'm scared.
Reply 27
Original post by EllieC130
Hey guys, how badly judged do you think my AS grades will be- I got BCD. Not awful, but a bit worrying. I know I can get the ABB overall and I'm retaking anyway but damn I'm scared.

Ask your teachers what they are predicting you, They will be what's mainly looked at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SP10
I got 3Bs and a C. What did you get?

ABBCC with a B in Economics and a C in Maths.
Reply 29
ABBCC with a B in Economics and a C in Maths.

What was the A in?
Original post by SP10
What was the A in?

ICT, I took it in year 11
Reply 31

Original post by keirajodi
Ask your teachers what they are predicting you, They will be what's mainly looked at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually they don't really look at predicted grades at Kent. That's what the economics admission tutor said anyway so I assume it will be the same for all courses there. He said that they didn't really look at predicted grades because of most skills over-predicting. They focus on your personal statement more and also look at the subjects you study. So if you write a strong personal statement you have a good chance :smile:
Reply 32
ICT, I took it in year 11

I also took ICT in year 11 and got a B :smile:
Original post by SP10
I also took ICT in year 11 and got a B :smile:

Cool! You going to the open day on Saturday?
Reply 34
Cool! You going to the open day on Saturday?

No. I already went to the open day a couple weeks a go :P
Original post by SP10
No. I already went to the open day a couple weeks a go :P

Whats it like? Did you like it? So did you do 5 ASs or 4?
Reply 36
Whats it like? Did you like it? So did you do 5 ASs or 4?

It's really nice and I liked it a lot. The accommodation was great at Keynes Flats so you should check that out. I did 5 ASs - 1 in Year 12 and 4 in Year 13. Currently doing 3 A2s.
Original post by SP10
Actually they don't really look at predicted grades at Kent. That's what the economics admission tutor said anyway so I assume it will be the same for all courses there. He said that they didn't really look at predicted grades because of most skills over-predicting. They focus on your personal statement more and also look at the subjects you study. So if you write a strong personal statement you have a good chance :smile:

Do you think they'll be put off with my AS grades though?
Original post by SP10

I got BBC in the subjects I am taking forward, predicted AAB, does this mean I wong be given an offer because they ask for ABB?
My personal statement is quite good.
Reply 39
Do you think they'll be put off with my AS grades though?

I think they'll still give you a chance and examine your application. What are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending