The Student Room Group

Suggestions

Hey guys :smile: I’m from Greece and I’m planning to study Biology at Scotland the next year! I have thought about 4 universities such as Edinburgh,Aberdeen,Dundee,Stirling and I’m not sure about the 5th uni ( I’m not choosing Glasgow because it doesn’t have general biology that I want to study). So any suggestion about the 5th uni ?
Reply 1
bump :confused:
Reply 2
hei there! i also want to apply for 2014,in Scotland, but i'm interested in biomedical science, biochemistry, genetics...i'm not so sure about the course yet, something in this area. i have in mind Aberdeen, Glasgow, Dundee, Stratchclyde and maybe Edinburgh. have you researched Stratchclyde? i think i saw biology, even though i am not sure, but it is worth a try! :wink:
Reply 3
Hey :-) well strathclyde seems a very good uni for life sciences but unfortunately it doesn't have the general biology that I want to study! I'm not sure if I'm interested in biomedical science so I don't wAnt to risk that :-) Anyway thank you for your suggestion,any other suggestion is welcome
P.s if u want tell me some details about the biomedical course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by georgexD
Hey :-) well strathclyde seems a very good uni for life sciences but unfortunately it doesn't have the general biology that I want to study! I'm not sure if I'm interested in biomedical science so I don't wAnt to risk that :-) Anyway thank you for your suggestion,any other suggestion is welcome
P.s if u want tell me some details about the biomedical course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahaam, i understand. well, the biomedical course is concerned with studying...mm but you'd better take a look here :smile:) http://www.strath.ac.uk/media/publications/admissions/courseleaflets/science/Bioscience_2014.pdf it explains better than i could :smile:)) i also thought about a joint degree, but they are not accredited, they don't offer a placement year, so i don't know what to say. on the other hand,the biomedical science course is accredited, even though it either does not offer that industrial year, but it's a more general based degree. so i'm learning a little bit of everything, but.. i don't know if it's ok, as i don't specialize on something.also, stratchlyde offers the only accredited biomedical science course, among good universities, at least from what i have searched so far.

anyway, i like quite everything that it's taught in this course so.. i don't think i will regret it. i still have time to search, though. hope i was useful to you, let me know it you have any questions! :biggrin:

what do you plan to do after you finish? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Alinam
ahaam, i understand. well, the biomedical course is concerned with studying...mm but you'd better take a look here :smile:) http://www.strath.ac.uk/media/publications/admissions/courseleaflets/science/Bioscience_2014.pdf it explains better than i could :smile:)) i also thought about a joint degree, but they are not accredited, they don't offer a placement year, so i don't know what to say. on the other hand,the biomedical science course is accredited, even though it either does not offer that industrial year, but it's a more general based degree. so i'm learning a little bit of everything, but.. i don't know if it's ok, as i don't specialize on something.also, stratchlyde offers the only accredited biomedical science course, among good universities, at least from what i have searched so far.

anyway, i like quite everything that it's taught in this course so.. i don't think i will regret it. i still have time to search, though. hope i was useful to you, let me know it you have any questions! :biggrin:

what do you plan to do after you finish? :smile:

I think that strathclyde is awesome university,but i don't have either a specialization so i choose a broad bases biology course to be sure. Actually i think that i'll do a master and after i would like to work in a lab :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by georgexD
I think that strathclyde is awesome university,but i don't have either a specialization so i choose a broad bases biology course to be sure. Actually i think that i'll do a master and after i would like to work in a lab :biggrin:

ook, i got it. i also want to work in a lab, or in the research field. however, good luck with your application! :wink: when you make up your mind about the 5th university, let us know! :P
Reply 7
Original post by Alinam
ook, i got it. i also want to work in a lab, or in the research field. however, good luck with your application! :wink: when you make up your mind about the 5th university, let us know! :P

Ok :-) good luck too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending