The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone know if we can get exemptions from modules if we have ACCA qualifications?
Reply 21
Original post by Akhan90
Does anyone know if we can get exemptions from modules if we have ACCA qualifications?

There are a few exemptions if you have some ACCA examinations. It all depends on which papers you have physically sat with ACCA and if they meet the same objectives as the TPDP module. You may find that you are exempt from parts of a module but still need to sit the paper to meet some of the other additional requirements.

In my situation I am currently ACCA qualified and obtained no exemptions. This is because my prior degree had granted me an exemption to some ACCA papers. I would need to have physically taken the ACCA paper to obtain a TPDP exemption.

Should you be granted a place on the programme you will be given the opportunity to apply for any possible exemptions prior to starting.

This is a little confusing to explain but hopefully answers your question.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Thank you so much for your reply, i had another question if you could assist, basically I would like to apply for the programme but i had a few concerns, i have SLE ( lupus ) a medical condition that sometimes effects my quality of life and work, is HMRC understanding of that? As companies havn't been much understanding.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
Reply 23
Original post by Akhan90
Thank you so much for your reply, i had another question if you could assist, basically I would like to apply for the programme but i had a few concerns, i have SLE ( lupus ) a medical condition that sometimes effects my quality of life and work, is HMRC understanding of that? As companies havn't been much understanding.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Sorry to hear that. To he honest I'm not sure what the process would be. You would be better to guide your question to HR for an official answer.

I do know that in every step of the process you are given the opportunity to stress if you have any additional requirements and this also includes anything to make your work life easier prior to starting. What I will say is that the position requires both study and work and these will involve various amounts of travel depending on your location so you may find that these will tire you out a lot more.

That is probably not the most helpful answer but again you should ask HR and they could possibly provide a better response regarding your personal circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've reapplied having been unsuccessful at the online tests last year...hoping this year's went better but annoyed we have to wait until february to find out...
Reply 25
Original post by purple-girl
I've reapplied having been unsuccessful at the online tests last year...hoping this year's went better but annoyed we have to wait until february to find out...

Last year, they gave the results in December, so I don't understand why this time round, people need to wait until February to get their results!
Original post by dj_macky
Last year, they gave the results in December, so I don't understand why this time round, people need to wait until February to get their results!

I know, I don't understand it...you'd think they just have some sort of spreadsheet linked to results as they come in and they pick the top however many to go through which wouldn't take 2 months after apps close...
Reply 27
Original post by purple-girl
I know, I don't understand it...you'd think they just have some sort of spreadsheet linked to results as they come in and they pick the top however many to go through which wouldn't take 2 months after apps close...

That's why I'm undecided at the moment. I prefer the Fast Stream for lots of reasons including my TPDP experience last year as well as my passion for my chosen Fast Stream scheme.

I'm still undecided about the TPDP, and the waiting time for results in what is only the first stage makes the scheme less attractive in my opinion.

I received the result that I passed the first stage of the Fast Stream application process within 22 hours of completing the online selection tests, and not three to four months like HMRC does this year!!!
I've done the numerical and verbal tests, now I'm doing the work style questionnaire. If you fail the numerical, do they let you do the verbal or tell you there and then that you've failed? Just wondering because I thought that when it said "invited to xxx test" that implies you've passed the previous test.
Reply 29
Original post by RowEchelonForm
I've done the numerical and verbal tests, now I'm doing the work style questionnaire. If you fail the numerical, do they let you do the verbal or tell you there and then that you've failed? Just wondering because I thought that when it said "invited to xxx test" that implies you've passed the previous test.

From posts on TSR last year, not everyone got the opportunity to complete all the tests. I remember one or two people that were not invited to complete the Work Style Questionnaire after the verbal and numerical tests.

Also, in my case, the feedback I received made it clear that I was unsuccessful because of the score of my Work Style Questionnaire.

Hope that helps!
Reply 30
Hey guys! I applied to this a couple of weeks ago... I've completed all 4 tests!

I'm slightly confused as my update says I'll be invited for further tests and will be notified early December!
Reply 31
HEY.

Yeah. I just completed all tests and it says the same.

"You will be notified of your result no later than 10th December 2013"

"IMPORTANT: Please remember to return regularly to check the status of your application during W/C 9th December 2013 or check your e-mail inbox."
Original post by tjnortham
HEY.

Yeah. I just completed all tests and it says the same.

"You will be notified of your result no later than 10th December 2013"

"IMPORTANT: Please remember to return regularly to check the status of your application during W/C 9th December 2013 or check your e-mail inbox."

Oooo, that's interesting, when I completed the tests the email said we'd here in February...hopefully December's more accurate as that's when we heard last year!
Original post by Jaya271
Hey guys! I applied to this a couple of weeks ago... I've completed all 4 tests!

I'm slightly confused as my update says I'll be invited for further tests and will be notified early December!

That's odd as I thought most people were just told they'd *hear* in December...maybe this means you've done so well they already know you're through to the next stage?
Reply 34
Lol haha! I wish I did that well!! I misunderstood it, it clearly states "Thank you for completing the work style questionnaire, you will be notified of your result no later than 10th December 2013."

Also my feedback reads "You have scored better than 57% of people who have previously taken this test." Not the greatest I know, so here's hoping!!!
Reply 35
When is the deadline to complete the online tests?
Reply 36
Original post by Jaya271
Lol haha! I wish I did that well!! I misunderstood it, it clearly states "Thank you for completing the work style questionnaire, you will be notified of your result no later than 10th December 2013."

Also my feedback reads "You have scored better than 57% of people who have previously taken this test." Not the greatest I know, so here's hoping!!!

Where can you see the results? Im not able to login to that wcn link they sent out in the email...Im assuming as I only did the tests yesterday it takes awhile to sort out feedback/a profile of some sort.
Reply 37
Original post by Kishmanz
When is the deadline to complete the online tests?

29th November!
Reply 38
Hi all

A question for those who have completed stage 1... Once you submit your application, how long do you have to complete the 3 stage 1 tests? Are you required to do them straight away?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 39
Original post by AnnaDale
Hi all

A question for those who have completed stage 1... Once you submit your application, how long do you have to complete the 3 stage 1 tests? Are you required to do them straight away?

Thanks in advance!

No limit, they've just got to be completed by November 29th. Then they basically take the top 1000 applicants (based on all tests) through to the analytical tests in December.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending