The Student Room Group

Henley Business School - Accounting and Business

Henley Business School of University of Reading do an Accounting and Business course. In this course there are paid work placements with PWC in the second, third and fourth years - guaranteed. As long as you get a 2:1 you are guaranteed a job there afterwards too, along with 12 exemptions to the Chartered Accountant exams. Has anybody heard of this course? My worry is that at the end of this course I could be rejected by PWC and then other companies will know that they didn't offer me a job, and then it would make me unemployable - could this happen?
Reply 1
Original post by simrankx
Henley Business School of University of Reading do an Accounting and Business course. In this course there are paid work placements with PWC in the second, third and fourth years - guaranteed. As long as you get a 2:1 you are guaranteed a job there afterwards too, along with 12 exemptions to the Chartered Accountant exams. Has anybody heard of this course? My worry is that at the end of this course I could be rejected by PWC and then other companies will know that they didn't offer me a job, and then it would make me unemployable - could this happen?

Even if at the end of the course you don't get a job with PwC, you'd still have had a lot of good work experience. You don't have to tell other companies that they didn't offer you a job. You can say it was because you decided it wasn't the company for you.
Reply 2
Original post by simrankx

Hi Simran, Im a first year currently on this course at Reading. So if you still have any immediate q's then let me know. The job is guaranteed provided you get a 2:1 and do well on placement. If PwC were to not offer you a jab then it still makes you extremely employable because you would have had previous audit experience with a big 4 firm, I have heard stories that people getting 2:2's can still be offered a graduate job so don't worry too much about that at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending