The Student Room Group

Sleeping together in DofE Award

Me and my girlfriend will be both 15/16 when we do our bronze expedition. We will of been together over a year. We asked our leader if we could sleep together but she said she isnt sure on the rules about it. Does anyone know the rules and give me a link or something where i can see and show her the actual rules.

thanks

Scroll to see replies

When I did it, the leaders said boys and girls couldn't sleep in the same tents. People still went in each others' tents though so you could probably get away with doing it unofficially.

However, for the sake of the other people in your group, please don't get up to any hanky panky. They would be scarred. Tents are not particularly sound-proof, if you catch my drift.
The general practice for members of staff is not to let teenagers of opposite sex under their care sleep together. They could get in trouble for that.
Original post by Mr_student1
... do our bronze expedition

words fail me.

Also, you cannot "both be 15/16". If you're both 16 this is an easier call.If you are and she isn't, it's the easiest call of all.
Reply 4
Just... Don't.

Tents are uncomfortable and moist at the best of times, not to mention dark once it's evening-time! Unless you fancy the idea of the entire camp-site hearing you and using a torch to find your way in, just wait until you're in a nice comfy real bed somewhere.

^ Disregarding all that, your teachers won't let you stay in a mixed tent anyway. Normally you have a tent of 2-3 males/females, and they could get in trouble for allowing a mixed one.

EDIT: Forgot to add, you'll be knackered, blistered, sweaty and hungry at the end of the first day. It's potentially the least enticing scenario you could pick.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Ask yourself whether the Duke of Edinburgh would approve.
Reply 7
Original post by Rananagirl
Just... Don't.

Tents are uncomfortable and moist at the best of times, not to mention dark once it's evening-time! Unless you fancy the idea of the entire camp-site hearing you and using a torch to find your way in, just wait until you're in a nice comfy real bed somewhere.

^ Disregarding all that, your teachers won't let you stay in a mixed tent anyway. Normally you have a tent of 2-3 males/females, and they could get in trouble for allowing a mixed one.

EDIT: Forgot to add, you'll be knackered, blistered, sweaty and hungry at the end of the first day. It's potentially the least enticing scenario you could pick.

I did bronze the other month and we had to cram 4 people into a two man tent so even if there are enough tents to go around everyone will hear you, there will probably be someone in her tent anyway. The best trick is telling your parents that it is a three day expedition, and stay in a hotel the day before.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Lotus_Eater
Ask yourself whether the Duke of Edinburgh would approve.

He's so crazy he probably would..
Reply 9
Don't, only bad things can happen. Not to mention that everyone else will know (tents provide 0 sound proofing, literally 0, they just make everything slightly more muffled).
Reply 10
I have no idea why your teachers would disapprove a friendly sleepover.
Uh. Guys. I think OP is referring to actually just sleeping in the same tent as his girlfriend, not having sex.

You and your dirty minds. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I expect it'll probably be discouraged, but I'm not sure if it's actually against the rules. Sorry!
Reply 12
Your right melanie just sleeping i can wait for more than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Llewellyn_J
The general practice for members of staff is not to let teenagers of opposite sex under their care sleep together. They could get in trouble for that.

Yes I can confirm that. If a youth worker let that happen then they'd be in trouble as they have a duty of care over you when you're away from parents and guardians.

There's no way it's happening if they're doing their job properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Zarek
He's so crazy he probably would..

I think he's wonderful.
(edited 10 years ago)
Considering if one of you is only 15 it'd be illegal for you to have sex with each other, it's likely they're not going to let you sleep in the same tent with just the two of you in it either to make sure that doesn't happen.
you can go in each others tents and chill, but if you were to sleep together you could be disqualified from the course.
the school i go to is a girls school, and so you can imagine the girl-boy sleeping together thing wasnt an issue, but because i'm doing gold this year, we had a man come in and talk to us about DofE, and he said that girls and boys are to be seperate when sleeping. Also, i know i keep going on, sorry but last year when i was doing silver there was a gold group from our sixth form who came on some training camps with us, and because our sixth form is mixed there was one guy who done gold and he had to sleep in a complete seperate tent from the girls.
also i doubt you'll actually want to do anything when you get back from your first walk, wait for a more comfortable enviroment. :smile:
Original post by Mr_student1
Me and my girlfriend will be both 15/16 when we do our bronze expedition. We will of been together over a year. We asked our leader if we could sleep together but she said she isnt sure on the rules about it. Does anyone know the rules and give me a link or something where i can see and show her the actual rules.

thanks

our dofe instructor said we were not allowed but your leader could be looser with the rules, have fun :smile:
Reply 18
I doubt it would be fair to be honest, i'm 17 and on a college trip I wasn't allowed to sleep with my boyfriend who i was with for a year, I can't see why they would do it with younger couples. Plus, it wouldn't be right for teachers to let you sleep together and get up to allsorts whilst in their care, nor would it be fair on the people who are in other tents around you, tents aren't soundproof you know.
Since one of you will be 15 it'd be illegal (at least probably arguably a dereliction of duty) to allow you to sleep together sooooo no. Not much of a chance I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending