University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Course:Geography with International Relations
Grade Requirements:A*BB or AAB
AS Grades:AABE (doing another AS this year with my A2's)
Predicted A Level grades:A*AAa

Got an offer through yesterday evening, I can either get A*BB or AAB! So happy! :smile: Anyone else doing this course been given an offer?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 61
Original post by starryeyes1103
You can get to London in under an hour so it's not completely in the middle of nowhere! And Brighton is a fairly big place too - perhaps not size wise but they have all the usual shops, etc

I live fairly close to brighton, and it's the place a lot of people go to for shopping or clubbing or spending days/weekends out :smile: It's actually pretty big if you include all the side streets (and hove) So yeah you're right about it being fairly big :smile:

Station there goes to basically everywhere, and the shops are fantastic! Has all the major clothing lines :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by skd1996
Course:Geography with International Relations
Grade Requirements:A*BB or AAB
AS Grades:AABE (doing another AS this year with my A2's)
Predicted A Level grades:A*AAa

Got an offer through yesterday evening, I can either get A*BB or AAB! So happy! :smile: Anyone else doing this course been given an offer?

Not the IR bit, but got an offer too for BSc Geography! :smile: The A*BB alternative was a surprise. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Paramore<3
Not the IR bit, but got an offer too for BSc Geography! :smile: The A*BB alternative was a surprise. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Are you going to an applicants day? Yeah I wasn't expecting that either, I'm quite glad about it to be honest, gives me something to fall back on if my exams go terribly.
Reply 64
Original post by skd1996
Yay! Are you going to an applicants day? Yeah I wasn't expecting that either, I'm quite glad about it to be honest, gives me something to fall back on if my exams go terribly.

I hope so - haven't actually been to an open day! :colonhash: There's a lot of dates though, might decide closer to the time! :redface: Will you?

Yep, that's what I was thinking - providing I get an A* in something! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Hii,

so heres the thing, i really want to go to Sussex to study Social Polity or Sociology but thats the problem. I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO DO :angry::frown::angry:

Ive started my UCAS but i dont really know what the best thing to talk about is...

Any help :cry:
Original post by Jadesola
Hii,

so heres the thing, i really want to go to Sussex to study Social Polity or Sociology but thats the problem. I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO DO :angry::frown::angry:

Ive started my UCAS but i dont really know what the best thing to talk about is...

As far as I know you can only do social policy here joint with another subject, so I would suggest mainly focusing on Sociology, but to draw in aspects of social policy, e.g. say how you're interested in political sociology and the policies sociology can help to produce? :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by LaurenBlackout
As far as I know you can only do social policy here joint with another subject, so I would suggest mainly focusing on Sociology, but to draw in aspects of social policy, e.g. say how you're interested in political sociology and the policies sociology can help to produce? :smile:

Ah thank you very much, thats kind of what ive been trying to do in my Personal Statement so fingers crosses haha :h::u:
Reply 68
Got an offer for Economics and International Development yesterday :smile:
AAB or A*BB both with Economics. I assume that means they take General Studies?
Reply 69
Hi,

Course: Biochemistry
Grade Requirements: 34 points
AS Grades: N/A
Predicted IB Grades: 38 points

I got my offer on Tuesday, I was very excited and overwhelmed, how is everyone else doing?
Hi!

Course: Law
Grade Requirements: AAA-AAB
As Grade Equivalents (I live in the Caribbean): AAAC
Predicted A level grades: Not a clue, they won't tell me.

I've visited and I really like the university! Does anyone know if I might get an offer with my As equivalent grades and I'm pretty sure decent predicted grades? And does anyone know when they reply with offers?
Reply 71
Course: Economics and Politics
Grade Requirements: AAB
AS Grades: AABB
Predicted A Level grades: AAA

wow i was surprised to see an offer AAB/A*BB a week after i sent it off
:smile:
Reply 72
Original post by ams45
Got an offer for Economics and International Development yesterday :smile:
AAB or A*BB both with Economics. I assume that means they take General Studies?

Congratulations!!!
You might want to e-mail them and just double check :smile:
Reply 73
I've got a conditional offer for History, AAB :smile:
Reply 74
Just got an offer to study English and Film Studies! :biggrin: Asking for AAB with A in English Lit or A*BB with A* in English Lit
Just got an offer for politics and international relations! Conditions are AAB or A*BB!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Just got an offer from Sussex for Business and Management Studies!
Original post by Jadesola
Hii,

Hey,

I am at Sussex doing history and sociology in my first year.

Sociology draws on policy in certain topics i.e. education, crime, etc etc. Even by doing a sociology degree you can still gain work in social policy because the two are very closely linked. Also, speaking from a position of someone who is studying there now I can tell you the sociology department are generally a very good department ranked 9th in the UK and the teaching is really good.

I hope that helps the predicament of which one to go for; as for your personal statement, look in the personal statement archive on here and read through some of the ones for sociology. Draw on your interests and apply them to sociology is something you need to do for sure. Also, email to tutors and the like of which.

As always, any questions about anything Sussex related, drop me a mail or question and I will try my best!

:-)
Reply 78
Course: Psychology
Grade Requirements:AAB
AS Grades:ABB
Predicted A Level grades:AAA

I got an offer from Sussex in the last week of October and I'm so excited, I went to the open day in June and loved it, and loved Brighton as well! I can't wait to go to the applicant's day in January :smile: Has anyone else got an offer for psychology?
2nd year here doing Geography, any questions just ask :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending