The Student Room Group

AAB Predicted - Uni choice help!?!?!?

Hi guys!!

Soo.. I've been predicted AAB, I wanna study LLB Law..

I have so far chosen..

Kings College London (A*AA)
Queen Mary Uni (A*AA)
City Uni (AAB)

Now.. I don't know what final 2 uni's to put down! help please?!
Reply 1
You wont get into kings or queen marys lets face it. Replace them with other AAB choices.
Reply 2
Hey!!
I know i may be no use to you but i want to study the same course when i go to uni! And im just wondering what a levels you took? And what you got in your GCSES? I just want to know if im on the right track!! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Nitrogen
You wont get into kings or queen marys lets face it. Replace them with other AAB choices.

They're my 'giving it a shot' choices. I know kings will defo reject me, but qmu do accept people with lower grades :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Boss786
Hey!!
I know i may be no use to you but i want to study the same course when i go to uni! And im just wondering what a levels you took? And what you got in your GCSES? I just want to know if im on the right track!! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyyy!

A levels: i took, law, history, english language and gov and politics (dropped this as an AS)
GCSE: they were not soo good, average B's

what about you?
Reply 5
Original post by sabweena09
They're my 'giving it a shot' choices. I know kings will defo reject me, but qmu do accept people with lower grades :smile:

If you want a 'give it a shot' choice you could apply to somewhere that requires AAA.
Reply 6
Hey! I have predicted grades for AABD for Maths, Economics, Physics and Chemistry.
Is it true that Science subjects have exceptions for the high entry requirements? 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Marilyn926
Hey! I have predicted grades for AABD for Maths, Economics, Physics and Chemistry.
Is it true that Science subjects have exceptions for the high entry requirements? 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, absolutely not. All A Levels are given the same level of consideration - except perhaps general studies, critical thinking and applied subjects.

With AAB predictions in your three best A Levels, you should normally consider applying to one AAA uni, two/three AAB unis, one/two lower than AAB unis.
Hi guys!!

Soo.. I've been predicted AAB, I wanna study LLB Law..

I have so far chosen..

Kings College London (A*AA)
Queen Mary Uni (A*AA)
City Uni (AAB)

Now.. I don't know what final 2 uni's to put down! help please?!

With all due respect,

Don't go to City. Trust me, their 'standard' offer my be AAA/AAB but when the course starts you'll find a lot of students scrape in on clearing with grades like ACC or BBC who aren't interested.The prospects are also dire at City, seriously to illustrate this, try finding three barristers who went to City University and completed the LLB law degree there via Google. Lastly, when I attended and left after the first week, 40% of students (the previous year) failed in the end of year exam and withdrew from the course according to the criminal law lecturer. (Most likely due to poor quality of teaching). If you are willing to leave London try aiming for the Russell Group universities which almost regardless of their league table position will always hold a good reputation for Law. For example, York, Exeter, Sheffield, Leeds or Newcastle. If you really prefer to stay in London, Brunel is a better option which is likely to also offer AAB.

Hopefully you won't make the same mistake I did with City.
Reply 9
The best one for AAB is Exeter but their course is becoming so popular that they're making offers for AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Fresh_Monkey
With all due respect,

Don't go to City. Trust me, their 'standard' offer my be AAA/AAB but when the course starts you'll find a lot of students scrape in on clearing with grades like ACC or BBC who aren't interested.The prospects are also dire at City, seriously to illustrate this, try finding three barristers who went to City University and completed the LLB law degree there via Google. Lastly, when I attended and left after the first week, 40% of students (the previous year) failed in the end of year exam and withdrew from the course according to the criminal law lecturer. (Most likely due to poor quality of teaching). If you are willing to leave London try aiming for the Russell Group universities which almost regardless of their league table position will always hold a good reputation for Law. For example, York, Exeter, Sheffield, Leeds or Newcastle. If you really prefer to stay in London, Brunel is a better option which is likely to also offer AAB.

Hopefully you won't make the same mistake I did with City.

thankyou for your response :smile:
I somewhat didn't trust City myself, but my sister is currently in her final year at City doing Law, which is why I kind of got forced in putting it down by her and my mother. she swears by it, being really good. I have thought about putting reading and surrey down as my other two, if I change city by convincing my mum it isn't great, would you recommend Brunel or Westminster ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Spartz
The best one for AAB is Exeter but their course is becoming so popular that they're making offers for AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for your response! I found Exeter to be pretty far, I don't fancy living out, coz I feel I would me mostly distracted

Posted from TSR Mobile
thankyou for your response :smile:
I somewhat didn't trust City myself, but my sister is currently in her final year at City doing Law, which is why I kind of got forced in putting it down by her and my mother. she swears by it, being really good. I have thought about putting reading and surrey down as my other two, if I change city by convincing my mum it isn't great, would you recommend Brunel or Westminster ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

City Law School is fantastic for postgraduate study of law and the law conversation course but not undergraduate. That's where it derives its self-proclaimed world class reputation for Law. I'd recommend Brunel over Westminster personally on the basis of the league table (otherwise it's a difficult decision).

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?r=London&s=Law

You can see from this guide that London Met and London South Bank have better prospects then City University. It's also ranked 44 so there are quite a few Universities where if you did achieve AAA you do much better. Reading and Surrey are good solid choices. Sussex also isn't far from London but a top 20 University for a Law which you should consider.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending