The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I was in the group with the chemistry teacher, he said that he had actually begun marking some of the chemistry exams, and he said the ones he had marked were "interesting" 😕

Anyway he said how it works is that each subject will have a list of candidates who they think are good enough. The more "good piles" you are in, the better your chance of getting in. He said not to worry if you didn't do well in one exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by Mathbomb
I was in the group with the chemistry teacher, he said that he had actually begun marking some of the chemistry exams, and he said the ones he had marked were "interesting" ������

Anyway he said how it works is that each subject will have a list of candidates who they think are good enough. The more "good piles" you are in, the better your chance of getting in. He said not to worry if you didn't do well in one exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: you just stopped me from having a heart attack! Thanks! I screwed up on the Chemistry really badly, so I doubt I'll be getting an interview, because Further Maths was one of my choices...
Hey guys, i hope everyone gets an interview.....
Most of you seem quite confident about the exams and im just here thinking i failed everything. And if i did get accepted to harris westminster then id probably be the dumb girl in the class compared to others... Oh well life goes on.
Btw i chose maths chemistry english lit and biology.
Reply 123
Im reply to Wesleigh:
Yep, when he was talking about not worrying if you did bad in an exam, he wasn't saying exams in general he was referring to the chemistry exam specifically o.o (although it would logically apply to any of the exams) , so I'm guessing lots of people found it hard.
So you still have a good shot at interview :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by smileyface5678

Btw i chose maths chemistry english lit and biology.

Same!
I found biology good, eng lit good, chemistry tough, and maths mediocre
Original post by MudbloodPrincess
Same!
I found biology good, eng lit good, chemistry tough, and maths mediocre

Same here. Quite surprised though, that I was the only boy in the group who conversed with the English Literature teachers.
Yes there was, I was quite impressed that she had already written her own short novels.
Original post by smileyface5678
Was there a girl with dark curly hair who laughs a lot and had a book of poems with her?

I was the black dude with the glasses,grey jumper and black trousers;only boy in the group
Original post by Winading001
I was the black dude with the glasses,grey jumper and black trousers;only boy in the group

Must have been fun for you. And that was my friend not me as i was in the maths group.
Did we talk?
Reply 130
Original post by Winading001

Was you sitting with a white friend at one of the the lunch tables upstairs lol think I saw someone similar of that description
When? At lunch or at break?
Original post by Eazy_Jitz
Was you sitting with a white friend at one of the the lunch tables upstairs lol think I saw someone similar of that description

I was sitting upstairs but with a group of Asian students.
Reply 133
@winading I was the girl in the headscarf sitting next to you in English lit by the way
Reply 134
I did English lit, biology, chemistry and economics by the way, and I'm extremely glad to hear that I wasn't the only person struggling in chemistry Everything else was fairly straightforward to be honest, and the teachers seemed really enthusiastic. Fingers crossed we all get in....
Reply 135
Maths and Physics were all right but chemistry was definitely my worst test. I don't think I could of I could hacked a 4th test but after talking to people about physics it seems the majority didn't use a calculator because they thought they couldn't.
Reply 136
Original post by Bytecry
Maths and Physics were all right but chemistry was definitely my worst test. I don't think I could of I could hacked a 4th test but after talking to people about physics it seems the majority didn't use a calculator because they thought they couldn't.

:eek: How on earth did they expect to do the calculations in Physics without a calculator?
Reply 137
Original post by Mathbomb
:eek: How on earth did they expect to do the calculations in Physics without a calculator?

I have no idea myself. I personally would of cried a bit inside trying to do those calculations with no calculator.
Original post by Bytecry
Maths and Physics were all right but chemistry was definitely my worst test.

Same here. :frown: Never even heard of isomers.
Reply 139
I took classics and I feel that I flopped it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending