The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Biomedical Sciences 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lovelycup7
Waa I don't have Physics either! It said in the entry requirements preferred Maths or Physics at A Level. If no Maths at A2, then preferably at AS. Otherwise a good pass at AS in another subject. <--I was relying on this lol. But really starting to doubt myself now!
Do you reckon an A at GCSE Maths would suffice? :s-smilie:

I reckon that might be okay. But it would really depend on the rest of your application. I guess if you're academically sound in the sciences I guess they'll give you an offer. Lol. What is your 'other' subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
I applied at the end of October and just got a conditional offer today! :smile: Im doing the IB and my higher level subjects are Biology, Chemistry and Maths. The conditions are 38 overall points and 18 points in my higher level subjects and 18 points in my higher level subjects!! wooooohooooo
Reply 22
Guys i just got an conditional offer ! which is AAA including maths chem and bio
Reply 23
Got my conditional AAA offer a couple of hours ago! Applied 2nd Jan. No questionnaire needed :biggrin:
Got BBBC in AS (Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics respectively), so it's crazy they gave me an offer :eek: .
I'm sure you'll here back soon :smile:

(BTW, anyone know anything about any open days for biomed coming up?)
Reply 24
Original post by totes_ram
Got my conditional AAA offer a couple of hours ago! Applied 2nd Jan. No questionnaire needed :biggrin:
Got BBBC in AS (Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics respectively), so it's crazy they gave me an offer :eek: .

well done man,,,your post is giving me hope,,,i emailed them to see when they would reply,,hopefully they'll get back to me soon and offer me a place,,,are you going to firm it?
Reply 25
Original post by totes_ram

where do you get the reply first,,through email or through the portico ,,thanks
Reply 26
Original post by jdog0880
where do you get the reply first,,through email or through the portico ,,thanks

Track update via email first, and then got notified by an email that there had been a change in the status of my application in portico. So either way, you'll get notified by email. :redface:
Forgot my portico password so I haven't actually gotten round to logging in to see what it says..:colondollar:
I think I'll firm it, but then I have no clue what to put as my insurance out of King's and St. George's.
Reply 27
Offer of 38 points in IB and 666 at HL came through today, pleased! Medical applicant btw.
Reply 28
Original post by DrumChops
Offer of 38 points in IB and 666 at HL came through today, pleased! Medical applicant btw.

CONGRATS!! :biggrin:
Anyone going to the open day tomorrow?
Conditional Offer AAA. Really weird considering that my personal statement was entirely about teeth (prospective dental student).
Reply 30
Original post by mastermdc
Conditional Offer AAA. Really weird considering that my personal statement was entirely about teeth (prospective dental student).

Same, but mine is medicine.
Original post by mastermdc

I'm exactly the same! how's your dental application going?
are you guys going to the open day? have just booked the 9th april!
Reply 33
Hi guys I've received an unconditional offer to study Biomedical Sciences at UCL and wanted to ask if I decide to accept, do I need to attend the open/taster day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending