The Student Room Group

Poor Attendance?

Hello, I'm a Year 12 student and I have an extremely poor attendance following the start of Sixth Form in September. I've missed 5 days in total which gives me an extremely poor % which has deeply concerned me. This reason for me missing these days are extremely personal to me and I do not wish to relive them.

My question is, Will my poor attendance effect my University application to Leeds/Manchester? I've caught up well with the classwork AND homework that I've missed out on, but this has been stressing me out a great deal.

Any help will be appreciated.
Reply 1
The academic year is around 195 days. I'd minus about 30 since you're in sixth form. Missing 5 days out of 165 give or take is very insignificant when you get around to the end of the year, and uni's are probably not going to make a big deal of it. This doesn't necessarily mean that you should continue to miss days if it can be avoided.

Just try your hardest to not miss any more days off of school because they will add up. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Simply, no. I don't know what you mean by extremely poor, 5 days off is gonna take it to 90% at the least.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest