The Student Room Group

Attendance and Masters

Hey everyone, do Master's programmes require you to have a minimum attendance? I'm a masters student at the London Metropolitan University and begin this September, however due to mental health I sometimes take days off. I was informed that I can have authorised days off due to health which is fine, but I wanted to know, is there a minimum or anything like being kicked off the course due to lack of attendance, even if the assignments/coursework and exams are being done?

I'm part time, so I'm expecting to attend at least three times a week. Which shouldn't be too much of an issue, but due to the nature of my illness, sometimes, especially during the stressful periods of time like Christmas, I may take time off.

Help is greatly appreciated, hope you enjoy the rest of your night.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
if you can't maintain an 80% attendance i bet it won't get flagged. if they did notice they don't immediately kick you out tho; you get an email saying 'whats up contact us' and then you contact them and then promise to be good from now on and make up some excuse for previous behaviour.

contact the university directly now tho, especially if you don't think 80% sounds easy. would be unwise to rely on hearsay on the internet as people can only speak from their own experience, ykwim? (fyi i don't go to london met.)

btw f you have a mh disability you should meet with the disability team as soon as you get to uni and ask about any reasonable adjustments they can make to help you with your studies. don't bank on one of them being exceptionally lenient with the attendance thing tho. if you have poor mental health and your attendance drops beyond acceptable levels they may instead deem you unfit to study and remove you from the programme.
Reply 3
yeah that's what i'm concerned about, in undergrad, i had about 50% attendance throughout, and even less when i was hospitalised on two ocassions, it was really bad for me but they awarded me the degree. i'm gonna do my best to attend which i have to but yeah, it's still a worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending