The Student Room Group

Favourite Beatles album?

Scroll to see replies

there's absolutely no way I could possibly pick a favourite beatles album because there are so many amazing ones that are different but still retain a masterpiece-esque quality.
the albums I'd say that would not fit the "best albums" for me would include "with the beatles", "beatles for sale" and "let it be" (let it be is really good, it's just not as good as the others on the list)
obviously that means that a hard day's night, help, rubber soul, sgt peppers, magical mystery tour, white album and abbey road remain. If I had a gun to my head and someone was forcing me to pick a best album, I'd have to rank them like this:

1) revolver = white album = rubber soul = magical mystery = sgt pepper's
2) help =/> abbey road
3) hard days night > please please me

that's the sort of tiering I'd give them; the four at the top cannot be chosen between.
if I was tortured into choosing just one favourite out of all of them, I'd possibly have to choose revolver. but again, that's if I was out of my mind by that stage because I don't actually consider that one my favourite officially
Sergeant Pepper's. I love the song "Within You Without You".
Reply 42
Sgt. Pepper's, definitely. Every song on that album was just ****ing sublime.
Reply 43
Original post by ninuzu
I agree with your point about Magical Mystery Tour. Really is an underrated album when you realise it has strawberry fields forever, hello goodbye, penny lane, all you need is love, I am the walrus etc

And because George Harrison was not as much on fire as he was on Revolver , Pepper suffered. It took until Abbey Road for Harrison to match Revolver's contributions.
He did'n't like Pepper in general anyway. It was a heavily McCartney oriented album overall, despite the closing song. Harrison was easily more of a Lennon fan- sharp humour, slyly surreal, deliberately only quietly romantic. McCartney was music hall sentimentalism by comparison.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Lairy Fights
Sergeant Pepper's. I love the song "Within You Without You".

That's one of my favourite song of the album.
That with a day in the life and Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
Oh and lovely Rita.
Reply 45
Actually, I may be inclined to change my answer...
I've been listening to Please please me a lot recently.
Reply 46
Original post by ninuzu
:cry2: :kungfu:

Spoiler

Reply 47
Original post by SoftPunch

Spoiler

Reply 48
Original post by ninuzu
Too tempted :tongue:

:dance: :dance:
At least you are being honest :smug:
Reply 49
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Abbey Road, especially the second half.

I personally prefer the first half of the album (with exception to golden slumbers/carry that wait/the end).
Reply 50
Beatlemania! With the Beatles
Reply 51
Original post by Kreme
Beatlemania! With the Beatles

I thought you said the beatles were overrated? :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by ninuzu
I thought you said the beatles were overrated? :tongue:

They still are.
Reply 53
Original post by Kreme
They still are.

:gasp: Never!
Reply 54
Reply 55
White album, no contest for me.
Reply 56
Reply 57
Help! is definitely my favourite album to listen to. If I'm in the mood to listen to the Beatles but not sure which song I'll put the Help! album on. Beatles for Sale, Revolver and Rubber Soul albums I probably love equally for second place haha
Reply 58
Original post by Pete_Lawton
White album, no contest for me.

I love the white album, but the ****s up with revolution 9?! :lolwut:
Reply 59
Original post by ninuzu
I love the white album, but the ****s up with revolution 9?! :lolwut:

No idea, haha. It's just crazy nonsense.

Quick Reply

Latest