The Student Room Group

How was/is your attendance in Secondary School?

I'm in Year 11 and in Year 7 - Year 10 my attendance was around 80% for all those years. Year 9 was the worst with around 75% and Year 7/8 was the highest with around 85%, and Year 10 was about 85% also.

Obviously each of the years are terrible. Now, so far in year 11, my attendance is 93% and I've missed about 8 days in total since September. I think that's about average, and I should be 95% or above by the end of school so it's all good.

How was your attendance in secondary/how is it so far? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

mine was alright, just took a random day off every now and again when i was really tired or ill/period pain
Reply 2
It got progressively worse as I got older.
Reply 3
its was always around 95%
Pretty much present all the time (95%), although 20% of the time I was late. I used to make friends with people that came late haha. One week I came in late every day, so I got an hour detention after school on Friday
Reply 5
I was always about 75-80% from all the days I just called in sick because I didn't feel like going in.
Some people always have a constant 100% attendance and punctuality.

I used to have about 60% punctuality but quite good attendance. It obviously got worse as I grew older and seriously couldn't really be bothered anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alow
I was always about 75-80% from all the days I just called in sick because I didn't feel like going in.

How were your GCSE results?

I seriously think this whole 'better attendance = better grades' idea is ridiculous. Sometimes I think I learn more staying at home and just reading and revising the books for the subjects than I do at school being stuck in the lessons for them. Home learning just works better for me. I'm not saying I'd prefer no school at all, but I'm saying that attendance shouldn't matter so much and 80% should still be considered alright because for some students missing a few days helps them work better. But that's just in my experience of school anyway.
Reply 8
All my life there were very few occasions in which I had skipped, I was 10 which was a 10 days away from school due to chicken pox. Colds, coughs, flue etc were never excuses my parents entertained to skip school, the only time was allowed to skip school was the times when I went to school sick and the school sent me back which happened a few times, in which case it meant staying at the dining room and my parents would call the school to speak to each and every one of the teachers to ask what is being covered so I could self study it.

After I was sent off to boarding school, my parents expected a perfect attendance record as they claimed they were spending a lot of money so they expected that I'd be making full use of everything. I missed school 3 times in my time there.

Late for school? I've never been late for school because I was a school prefect and during boarding school years there isn't an opportunity to be late anyway not when you had a retired Major as a housemaster.
Reply 9
High 90s, i think it was 98%.

At Uni - 50% :biggrin: - 9:00 Lectures/Seminars distort the figures :'(
Reply 10
Original post by yellowcopter
How were your GCSE results?

I seriously think this whole 'better attendance = better grades' idea is ridiculous. Sometimes I think I learn more staying at home and just reading and revising the books for the subjects than I do at school being stuck in the lessons for them. Home learning just works better for me. I'm not saying I'd prefer no school at all, but I'm saying that attendance shouldn't matter so much and 80% should still be considered alright because for some students missing a few days helps them work better. But that's just in my experience of school anyway.

I got 5A*s, 2As and a B. GCSEs aren't difficult enough to require you to have to turn up every day. For my A Levels though I had almost perfect attendance.
100% xD funilly enough I still screwed up my exams, wasn't the brightest student at GCSE.
Usually about 96% :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
really low.
ended up fine though
Original post by alow
I got 5A*s, 2As and a B. GCSEs aren't difficult enough to require you to have to turn up every day. For my A Levels though I had almost perfect attendance.

Awesome. I don't think so either, although I can clearly see that the case is completely different with A-Levels. For my college/sixth form years I'm going to try and make sure I have perfect attendance since it's pretty essential for good results.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
100% xD funilly enough I still screwed up my exams, wasn't the brightest student at GCSE.

What grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking that is. :smile:
Reply 16
School was an average of 95% - College over a 3 year period was 100% with one late slip due to me helping a student on crutches upstairs.
In the high 90s. I'd bunk off once a year to just sit at home and play FIFA.
Reply 18
100% throughout Y7 and Y8 and so far this year. And 96% in Y9 and Y10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
91% in year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending