The Student Room Group

Queens / Magee University of Ulster Nursing 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
QUB have posted this on their FB page for those needing help with interviews;

Applying for Undergraduate programmes this year? Here are some tips for interview...

Arrive 15-20 minutes early with all your papers organised and ready for inspection (failure to bring appropriate paperwork may result in your interview not going ahead)

Dress appropriately neat, business like attire, and a tidy, professional-looking appearance. There may not be parking nearby so you may need comfortable shoes.

Be ready to talk about yourself and your experience prepare to describe situations where you were able to deliver care, or make decisions under pressure, whether at home in the family or in a workplace.

You will need to explain why you have chosen this career. It is important to demonstrate that you understand what you’re getting into, so do your research.

Try to stay relaxed and smile. Make eye contact and establish a rapport the panel will want to see that you can develop personal relationships and show empathy.

You will be asked to sign forms at interview to tell us which area or course within nursing you would prefer to study. Please read them carefully as we use these to help us decide which course you will be offered.

If you bring someone with you for support, we recommend that you find a coffee shop nearby where they can wait in comfort as there may not be space for them to wait at the interview venue.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/QUB-School-of-Nursing-and-Midwifery/316822261777439
Original post by tedbunny
I got a letter from QUB about an interview on the 25th!!! So chuffed!
Anyone sat the interview before?

How did your interview go, I've got one on Friday? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emily Kane
Anybody had two interviews at magee and know if the questions stay the same, I had an interview last year and don't know whether to just concentrate on the questions I was asked...

Hi. What sort of questions were you asked last year? I've only an idea of what as asked 2 years ago! I'd imagine they are along the same lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by ClaireBear93
How did your interview go, I've got one on Friday? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure how it went at all to be honest. It was very hard to read the faces of the two people who were interviewing me, they just sort of stared at me blankly while I was answering the questions, so it's very difficult to gauge whether I was saying the right things. I suppose that's the way for most interviews, but I came out not really knowing how I had done. Also, they were a lot less friendly than I thought they would be, I tried to strike up conversation with them when I went in but they weren't very engaging. They were running behind though at the time so maybe they were trying to get through everyone as quick as possible.
So yeah, I'm not holding my breath but I'm also not completely writing it off. I mentioned most of the points I was wanting to get across so it was okay that way I suppose.
I'm not sure how it went at all to be honest. It was very hard to read the faces of the two people who were interviewing me, they just sort of stared at me blankly while I was answering the questions, so it's very difficult to gauge whether I was saying the right things. I suppose that's the way for most interviews, but I came out not really knowing how I had done. Also, they were a lot less friendly than I thought they would be, I tried to strike up conversation with them when I went in but they weren't very engaging. They were running behind though at the time so maybe they were trying to get through everyone as quick as possible..

I second everything you just said! Not engaging.. at all. I know I can't blame the interviewers and it sounds horrible but I really wish I had got two different people lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who did you have on your interview panel? Last year mine were very friendly and approachable. However I do agree they don't give anything away about whether or not your ticking their boxes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by Butternuts
Who did you have on your interview panel? Last year mine were very friendly and approachable. However I do agree they don't give anything away about whether or not your ticking their boxes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They had about 7 different panels running that day so I wouldn't be surprised if it differs from one to the other. But I like I said, they were running behind on my day, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was why they were quite abrupt when I went in.
I had Wesley, who is apparently really lovely as a teacher - or so I have heard, and to be fair he was far more conversational and friendly than the woman I had.
It threw me at the start so my first answer was a bit jumbled but I got into the rhythm of things after.
You could only do your best so be happy with yourself no matter what. Who knows, I remember last year the man said to me they were running late but I'd still get my full 20mins so they seem to be pretty fair that way! I suppose it's a bit monotonous for them interviewing 1600 people as well as having the stresses of still teaching nursing students and coping with their usual jobs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Anyone had Magee interview yet
Reply 109
I have my UU interview soon and despite tearing my house apart I cannot find my GCSE results anywhere. It'll take me 10 days to order new certificates but by then the interview will have been and gone. I have my A level results and my BSc degree certificate, would that suffice - as I'm assuming they are general instructions sent to everyone - or will I be refused an interview on the day?
Reply 110
I had my Queens interview on Monday. The panel were lovely and very encouraging. My Magee interview is on the 12th March.
I have my UU interview soon and despite tearing my house apart I cannot find my GCSE results anywhere. It'll take me 10 days to order new certificates but by then the interview will have been and gone. I have my A level results and my BSc degree certificate, would that suffice - as I'm assuming they are general instructions sent to everyone - or will I be refused an interview on the day?

Try contacting uu and explaining your situation to them. If you have a levels and a degree then that alone show you will have gcses so hopefully they will be okay about it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Try contacting uu and explaining your situation to them. If you have a levels and a degree then that alone show you will have gcses so hopefully they will be okay about it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't suppose you know the correct email to contact? I just sent an email through to the registry office and apparently whoever manages that is on leave. The admissions contact is called clearing so not sure if it's the correct one, or do I contact the health and life sciences department directly? The way my work hours are at the moment I won't have time to contact them by phone.
Sorry I'm not sure as I didn't apply to uu, il have a look online and see if I can find any email addresses to contact though :-) I prefer emailing people as I hate making phone calls they make my face go so red!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this the one you emailed already? - [email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Is this the one you emailed already? - [email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've thrown them an email at that address, hopefully it'll get through. Admissions was the one that got bounced back.
Thank you so much for your help! :smile:
[email protected]

That's the email address for the head of nursing school if you wanna jump straight to top :-) and no problem whatsoever... :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
[email protected]

That's the email address for the head of nursing school if you wanna jump straight to top :-) and no problem whatsoever... :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I managed to get in touch and they said everything should be fine. I can do the interview without them but would have to produce them if I'm made an offer. :smile:
I managed to get in touch and they said everything should be fine. I can do the interview without them but would have to produce them if I'm made an offer. :smile:

That's one less thing to worry about for you then! You can just concentrate on interview prep now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
I have an interview for Magee tomorrow, so nervous! no word from queens though where i would have preferred to go :frown: going to have to give this my best shot now, not anticipating an offer from Queens anymore! good luck anyone who got an interview:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending