The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Cut it out with a sharp knife.
Reply 2
try Bonjela, its used for teething babies and mouth ulcers- but helped me when my wisdom teeth started appearing.
Reply 3
Clove oil!
Reply 4
Clove oil and aspirin.
Reply 5
stop whining, you got another 3 to come! :p:
Reply 6
im not as stupid to actually cut it out with a knife, give me some credit! thanks for the advice i'll try the clove oil and bonjella , though im gearing slightly towards the bojella because i like the advert. I know i've got another 3 coming, my sister told me today , i only thought you got two on the bottom :frown: . Will Bonjella and Clove Oil make it stop hurting permanently?
Reply 7
Two on the top, two on the bottom.

I'd just take some painkillers and wait it out, but the Bonjella sounds like a decent idea as well. It's also a good idea to keep your mind focused on other things, it's most painful when you're bored.
Reply 8
not permeantly no. But mine only hurt when they first started to come through 2 years ago, they are still 'erupting' but I cant feel them at all
Reply 9
phew so in total you get 4 and not 8! and how long will it take for the m all to come though?
Reply 10
As to that, I have no idea. With all my other dental pain, I never even noticed my wisdom teeth growing :P
Bluelight
And the gum around it really hurts, how do i make it stop ?

try applying DOLOGEL
:smile:
Bluelight
And the gum around it really hurts, how do i make it stop ?

Using time.
Reply 13
Anbesol, painkillers. Dont use clove oil, its meant to go on your tooth not your gum and if its only just errrupting its going to go on the gum. Anbesol is better than bonjela as it is an anaesthetic.
Painkillers - if you can make sure theres some ibuprofen involved...theyll bring down the swelling that inevitably comes with a tooth coming through.
Reply 14
Careful it doesnt get infected, if so- 'soak' the gum with mouthwash to cleanse it.
And i sympathise- they're bloody painful
Bluelight
phew so in total you get 4 and not 8! and how long will it take for the m all to come though?

my dentist gave me an X-ray and told me i dont have ANY to come through, so surely people can have differing amounts?
Reply 16
I think you'd have to have done something terrible in a previous life to have eight wisdom teeth poke painfully through. :P
Reply 17
clouddweller
my dentist gave me an X-ray and told me i dont have ANY to come through, so surely people can have differing amounts?

I'm special, I have 3!
Drink lots of alcohol. Methanol is good for killing the pain I hear.
clouddweller

they can. i have only 3.

my advice is that when your wisdom teeth start coming through make sure you go to the dentists and get x-rayed. if they give you the option of having them removed take it.

they won't do it themselves, they'll refer you to hospital. that will take a few months. then you'll be put ona waiting list. a few more months.
then they'll remove them.

if like me you see the dentist get told 'we'll wait and see' then come backa year later, you might find yourself being told 'yes your wisdom tooth has now damaged the next tooth. we'll refer you, you should be able to have it removed by mid 2007'.

obviously i'm annoyed. their little wait and see tactic has meant i'll probably have to have a molar removed as well and get some pricey orthodontic work put in.
as im a student with no medical insurance, and the nhs sucks, i'm betting this will mean a complete bodge.

Latest

Trending

Trending