The Student Room Group

do you have to wear retainers for the rest of your life after braces

I got told that I have to wear retainers for the rest of my life and if I don't then my teeth would move back, is it true?
true, i am a victim of this when i lost my retainers and had to survive without a week and now my teeth will never be as straight as they used to be
☹️
Reply 2
Original post by unknown20001
true, i am a victim of this when i lost my retainers and had to survive without a week and now my teeth will never be as straight as they used to be
☹️

oh noo
Your teeth move that fast!
that's scary, because mine are being removed and I'm not really responsible
the thing that scares me the most is that you have to do it for your whole life!!
Original post by Anonymous
oh noo
Your teeth move that fast!
that's scary, because mine are being removed and I'm not really responsible
the thing that scares me the most is that you have to do it for your whole life!!

yuppp i had a gap so my gap easily comes back if i don’t wear retainers lol , but i think u can get permanent retainers?? I had those but they broke so i just got rid of them lmao, but if u keep them then your teeth wont ever move
Reply 4
Original post by unknown20001
yuppp i had a gap so my gap easily comes back if i don’t wear retainers lol , but i think u can get permanent retainers?? I had those but they broke so i just got rid of them lmao, but if u keep them then your teeth wont ever move

I'm getting the permanent ones and have to wear normal ones in the night
how did your's break and does it break really easily
Original post by Anonymous
I'm getting the permanent ones and have to wear normal ones in the night
how did your's break and does it break really easily

mine broke near the corner of my front tooth, but i don’t think it breaks easily?? the metal is quite thin but depending on the brand possibly it won’t break

Quick Reply

Latest