The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizbiz90
Hi, since I posted in the thread I have actually been accepted on the PG certificate fashion buying and merchandising, is this the same course you applied for?
I also had an interview for this course, although I am an international student, so had a phone interview.

Hi Liz,

Congratulations on your offer! You must be over the moon.

No I applied for the UG degree, so I'm 3/4 years behind you! But very best of luck in the future and enjoy settling in in London. I live 3 hours away from London and regularly visit, it's the most amazing city!
Good luck with your applications everyone.

I've applied for the BA Fashion Print course at LCF! So nervous of when I receive the notification (hopefully!) to send in my portfolio, eek!

Not sure if I'll get in this year, may have to go and do a foundation course first but worth a try. Would love to get a place on the course.

I've also applied to Saint Martins BA Fashion Print and Chelsea BA Textile Design.
Reply 42
I've applied for BA Fashion Buying & Merchandising and not heard anything yet.

I know they're not interviewing this year so I have no idea when offers and that are likely to come back? I had like emails saying my UCAS Track has been updated but nothing changes, it's driving me crazy!
Reply 43
I have applied for the BA Fashion Photography at LCF, and I'm just wondering, what is this no interview business I've been reading about?! Do they just decide whether you're in or not on a online portfolio alone or? Has anyone got to this stage yet and can enlighten me? I was so scared already as this is the only place I have applied for, and now I'm absolutely bricking it knowing there aren't any interviews! Ah!
Reply 44
hi,

i only applied for london college of fashion photography course on the 14th jan! already had an email back asking to send my portfolio, has anyone else applying for this course had to do the same? or already had a face to face interview?
Reply 45
Original post by mollyedge
hi,

i only applied for london college of fashion photography course on the 14th jan! already had an email back asking to send my portfolio, has anyone else applying for this course had to do the same? or already had a face to face interview?

Hey Molly - I applied for BA fashion photography too, sent off on January 8th and have had no reply as of yet though! What do they ask for in the portfolio (what website basis/how many images/just photography or other art?) Would love to check out your work and chat to someone else in the same boat x
Reply 46
hi!

They asked for an online portfolio, so i either email my website or upload 10-15 images via flickr and then email them that.

the email says to show 'a portfolio showcasing photographic imagery indicating an appreciation of contemporary fashion image making'

I dont have a website yet but i will send you my flickr once iv uploaded everything :-)
Reply 47
hi!

They asked for an online portfolio, so i either email my website or upload 10-15 images via flickr and then email them that.

the email says to show 'a portfolio showcasing photographic imagery indicating an appreciation of contemporary fashion image making'

I dont have a website yet but i will send you my flickr once iv uploaded everything :-)

Ah thanks my dear, that's helpful! I'm confused how they can just go on that if they are not interviewing this year though. And that would be great!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
How do you know they're not doing face to face interviews?
x
Reply 49
I read all the posts on this thread and lots have people have been saying they have been told there are no interviews this year? Seems ridiculous though.
Reply 50
oh really, maybe that's just for courses that aren't photography
Reply 51
I'm applying for BA Fashion Management at LCF. I already had an initial interview (international so I am not applying through UCAS), but they said I might be too young (I will only be 17 when I go to uni) and that I didn't answer the questions too well. If they say my age isn't a problem I will be seeing them again in February for another interview..
Reply 52
Hi Viola,

Which university do u think is the best for fashion related courses mainly for fashion merchandising

regards
Arul

Original post by parmar27
Ahh ok. I keep checking my emails every 5 minutes!

Erm Westminster, Manchester, Northumbria and Manchester met which I have already got an offer from!

How about you???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
oh really, maybe that's just for courses that aren't photography

Yeah I've no idea im so confused! DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS NO INTERVIEW SHIZZZ?!?
Also curious about the interview stuff! Not sure how that's going to work out for people submitting portfolios?! Glad I read this though. Received my mini portfolio request email last week, have to send the images off by Friday. SO SCARED. Anyone heard anything?
Reply 55
Original post by C.Eleanor.T
Also curious about the interview stuff! Not sure how that's going to work out for people submitting portfolios?! Glad I read this though. Received my mini portfolio request email last week, have to send the images off by Friday. SO SCARED. Anyone heard anything?

I have to send my images off by friday as well!
do you already have a flickr or website i can look at?
i think theyre going to review everyones online portfolio and then decide if they want to give you an interview.
Reply 56
Hi Andrema.

I am also an International Student,
How did u apply for BA Fashion Management.
Did you submit any portfolio in your application.
What are the things did you submit in your application.
Can u brief me those things as it might be very useful for me.

Original post by andreama
I'm applying for BA Fashion Management at LCF. I already had an initial interview (international so I am not applying through UCAS), but they said I might be too young (I will only be 17 when I go to uni) and that I didn't answer the questions too well. If they say my age isn't a problem I will be seeing them again in February for another interview..
Reply 57
Original post by Lizbiz90
Has anyone else been accepted on the PG certificate: fashion buying and merchandising that commences on 10 February?

Hi Liz

I wish to apply for it..can u let me know what are the things u carried out to apply for this course
Reply 58
Original post by aruljothi
Hi Andrema.

I am also an International Student,
How did u apply for BA Fashion Management.
Did you submit any portfolio in your application.
What are the things did you submit in your application.
Can u brief me those things as it might be very useful for me.

I contacted a Canadian representative and she was able to tell me what dates the interviews were. At the interview, I brought my academic transcript, personal statement, reference letters, UAL application form, and passport photocopy (no portfolio). See if there is a representative in your country/city and contact them about applying directly through the university (make sure you haven't applied through UCAS already) :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by andreama
I contacted a Canadian representative and she was able to tell me what dates the interviews were. At the interview, I brought my academic transcript, personal statement, reference letters, UAL application form, and passport photocopy (no portfolio). See if there is a representative in your country/city and contact them about applying directly through the university (make sure you haven't applied through UCAS already) :smile:

Thanks for reply andreama,
I will check that
but where do find the representative for our country.
can u post me the link pls to check that

Quick Reply

Latest