The Student Room Group

Music

Hi everyone, this question is really for people who have already done music GCSE.
I really want to get an A in music but I find theory hard and the highest I've gotten on a paper is a C. I'm confident that I'll get full marks in performance and composition but I'm not so sure about the theory exam.
My questions are does everyone think theory is hard? How do you revise? And if you get a C in theory but A*s in coursework and performance can you still get a A overall?
Thanks for the help:colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by phoebecushion
Hi everyone, this question is really for people who have already done music GCSE.
I really want to get an A in music but I find theory hard and the highest I've gotten on a paper is a C. I'm confident that I'll get full marks in performance and composition but I'm not so sure about the theory exam.
My questions are does everyone think theory is hard? How do you revise? And if you get a C in theory but A*s in coursework and performance can you still get a A overall?
Thanks for the help:colondollar:

I feel like this is a big coincidence considering I did GCSE Music too, I got a grade A, AND I did actually get a C on the paper. The theory IS really hard, I totally agree with you there.

I had 2 A*s in performance, an A in something else that I forgot, but for my listening exam, I got a grade C. However when they added it altogether, I got an A overall.

I just revised from my notes, and had practice exam questions in class to help us prepare.

So yeah, it's possible to still get an A. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest