The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Ask a Bournemouth University Student.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kami
Hi!I have unconditional offer for English and I am wondering if there are enough opportunities for placement and if the placement year in the sandwich programmes is secure.

Hi Kami,

For your course you have to complete at least 4 weeks of work experience in an industry placement (bournemouth has a great reputation within the industry so do not worry about that!). You can choose and will probably be advised to take a placement year (40 weeks!) instead, these are easy to find also!

Hope this has helped, did you want to know anything else?

Chris :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hi

My name is Amy and I am a second year archaeology student at BU. If you have any questions about the course just let me know :biggrin:

I can also answer anything on the student village (I stayed there last year) :P

Good luck to all those who applied!

Amy
Hi Iraqish,

I'm currently doing my MA in Video Editing at Bournemouth University. We work closely with and alongside the other MA courses (including Cinematography) and whilst I'm not in all of the same lessons, the cinematographers have had some quite intense training sessions over the last 7 months.
The uni has 3 Canon C300s, 2 Arri Alexas, and lots of Panasonic cameras and Canon 5D Mark 2 & 3s, as well as all the lenses, tripods, lighting rigs and panels you could ever need!
From what I have seen, they have had the most lessons of any of the MA courses, as they have a lot of kit to get to grips with, as well as special cinematography projects where they have to submit short films of 30 seconds where they can demonstrate that they have played around with different kit and techniques.
I know that the whole course framework is going to change slightly from September 2015 onwards, but the teachers and the kit will continue, so I expect this will stay the same for next year.
I hope this has been useful! I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have about the MA media framework, the uni, or the town :smile:

Alice
Hi patz1,

Bournemouth is quite a 'green' university, so they try to encourage students to walk, cycle or use the bus.
The halls of residence do not have parking facilities - but Cranborne, Purbeck and Chesil House have a bus stop right outside that goes to the university in 10 minutes, they are next to Asda and the train station that is on the line between Exeter and London Waterloo, and halls are a 2 minute walk from the centre of town, where there is the main bus depot as well as taxi ranks.
I understand it's nice to have the convenience of a car, but honestly you really will not miss it at Bournemouth University, especially if you are staying in halls, where everyone will be getting the bus into uni together.
Perhaps in your second year you could bring it to Bournemouth, as you would probably be in a unilet house on a residential road, so there would be space to park a car...?
I hope this has helped. If you have any other questions about Bournemouth then I'd be happy to answer!

Alice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending