The Student Room Group

Drama school? Please help?

Hey everyone!

I'm currently choosing my A-Level options at the moment and I was hoping to study:

- Drama
- English Literature
- English Language
- History

Now after A-Levels I want to go to RADA (or another good acting school, recommendations please?) and study the BA Acting Course. The only problem I have is that singing is part of the Recall audition and I can't sing, seriously mean I can't. My dream is to act. I don't know what to do.

Any tips or recommendations?

Thank you,
Ben x
Original post by jsmben
Hey everyone!

I'm currently choosing my A-Level options at the moment and I was hoping to study:

- Drama
- English Literature
- English Language
- History

Now after A-Levels I want to go to RADA (or another good acting school, recommendations please?) and study the BA Acting Course. The only problem I have is that singing is part of the Recall audition and I can't sing, seriously mean I can't. My dream is to act. I don't know what to do.

Any tips or recommendations?

Thank you,
Ben x

Just out of interest do you know which one you'll drop for A2? Those were my chosen subjects for A Level (apart from drama) and I had a LOT of essays. By A2 year most of those came from history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by blue_teacup
Just out of interest do you know which one you'll drop for A2? Those were my chosen subjects for A Level (apart from drama) and I had a LOT of essays. By A2 year most of those came from history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would probably drop History or English Language, depending on my AS grades.
Reply 3
I cannot speak for other drama schools but I know that Royal Central, www.cssd.ac.uk ask you to cover all bases within the acting world however you can ask to be considered mainly for the BA: Acting Course which looks simply at Acting.
Funnily enough quite a few drama schools like psychology- just a thought!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending