The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Liam The Eagle
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Frank Arnesen bought so he would go out and find the best youngsters other clubs have produced? Thats not a youth policy in my eyes. And for the £8m you spent on him, who has he found you? It couldn't possibly be that you bought him just so Tottenham couldn't have him, could it?

He's a scout. Don't know why we got him. Could have had Booby Robson for director of football instead. All clubs have scouts who take youngsters off from other teams.
rafy
hes not exactly a youth player is he?

Was he a product of the academy though?
Reply 182
NDGAARONDI
He's a scout. Don't know why we got him. Could have had Booby Robson for director of football instead. All clubs have scouts who take youngsters off from other teams.

Frank Arnesen isnt a scout hes a Director:p: you guys nabbed him from Spurs just like you nab everyone elses transfer targets.
Reply 183
NDGAARONDI
Was he a product of the academy though?

yes he was..but is he now:p:
Reply 184
NDGAARONDI
Only because they came through all at the right time. So you never bought Cantona, Schmeichel etc? People forget that teams want success quickly not in decades time so they will fork out the cash on established players to do the trick. And look at your youth system now, at least Chelsea are doing something about theirs with the signing of Frank Arnesen etc.

Chelsea youth system better than ours? You guys hardly had a youth system until very recently and Terry is the only youth player playing in the first team right now. With the financial backing you have at the moment youngsters from the academy are hardly going to get a chance to prove themselves at the top level, even players like wright phillips might be loaned out next season if he doesn't do well in the few opportunities given.

We did sign big name players but at the same time we also had players from the youth setup as we didn't have unlimited funds to sign anyone we wanted to.
Mithun
Chelsea youth system better than ours?

Can you show me where I said that please?
Reply 186
NDGAARONDI

well you said that Chelsea are doing something about there youth system...whats that supposed to mean?..Man Utd arent doing anything about theres?:smile: have you seen Man Utd reserves? they are 1st in there league:smile:

i take it you support Chelsea then dude?
Ruud's leaving. Man, this sucks. Ok, he's not all that anymore with Saha in such form - but I so wanted to see him partner Saha up there! They would've made such a good partnership! Inter is probably where he'll end up as I see it at the moment.
I don't think he'll leave, but then Sir Alex has always seemed to prefer getting rid of players too early rather than too late (Roy Keane excepted).
Tangalicious
Ruud's leaving. Man, this sucks. Ok, he's not all that anymore with Saha in such form - but I so wanted to see him partner Saha up there! They would've made such a good partnership! Inter is probably where he'll end up as I see it at the moment.
i hope he doesnt leave :eek: he can be a goat at times, but he is a quality finisher :frown:
Reply 190
i dont think selling Ruud would be a good idea, hes a natural finisher and will not be sold, hes very important for us.
Ruud can't be sold, refuse to allow the thought to come to mind. Heard an interesting point the other day though: Stam spoke out and left, Keane spoke out and left, Ruud spoke out a bit (in 442 magazine last month) and hasn't played since...
sebas_back
Ruud can't be sold, refuse to allow the thought to come to mind. Heard an interesting point the other day though: Stam spoke out and left, Keane spoke out and left, Ruud spoke out a bit (in 442 magazine last month) and hasn't played since...
he's going! :eek: :frown:

inter's manager said that he wouldnt mind having him :eek:
Inter Milan can say what they want, doesn't mean he's all of a sudden honour bound to leave.

To the Chelsea fan(s): There is one point (which has been made) with which you CANNOT argue; we MADE our own wealth, you didn't. No-one will ever know where you have been at this very minute without Abramovich, but it's a safe bet you wouldn't be champions.

Yes, we shelled out for Veron, Rio, Ruud etc etc. But it was US that shelled out, not Martin Edwards/David Gill/Whoever.
Still waiting a reply from Mithun. And it doesn't really matter whether Chelsea aernt their money or not. You don't oppose gambling do you?
Reply 195
NDGAARONDI
Only because they came through all at the right time. So you never bought Cantona, Schmeichel etc? People forget that teams want success quickly not in decades time so they will fork out the cash on established players to do the trick. And look at your youth system now, at least Chelsea are doing something about theirs with the signing of Frank Arnesen etc.

I'm pretty sure the reserve team last season broke records, 3-4 cups last year.
Reply 196
AYE
I'm pretty sure the reserve team last season broke records, 3-4 cups last year.

yep they did...our reserves are class!
Reply 197
NDGAARONDI

Well you mentioned,

NDGAARONDI

And look at your youth system now, at least Chelsea are doing something about theirs with the signing of Frank Arnesen etc.

Doesn't that phrase indicate that your system is becoming better than ours?
Reply 198
ferguson's brother is the biggest evidence of nepotism ever!
Mithun
Doesn't that phrase indicate that your system is becoming better than ours?

Becoming or already better?

Latest