The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah, I stand corrected :biggrin: Can't see why we'd want him though, I never even hear him mentioned anywhere.
I tihnk he's pretty wicked! Only 21 still aswell. He has the pace and strength, just fine tune his finishin and awareness and he'd be right up there! He had a pretty poor season for INter last year, hence his value is pretty low atm. Think now would be a perfect time to sign him. Cus he has huge potential and i rate him highly. =)
Reply 2402
i want another mid, javier mascherano would be ideal
Reply 2403
where will carrick play exactly because scholes and carrick are basically the same sort of players
mc_watson87
I tihnk he's pretty wicked! Only 21 still aswell. He has the pace and strength, just fine tune his finishin and awareness and he'd be right up there! He had a pretty poor season for INter last year, hence his value is pretty low atm. Think now would be a perfect time to sign him. Cus he has huge potential and i rate him highly. =)

Only 21? It seems like he's been around for years! I remember seeing him on Championship Manager games many years ago.

Says on Wikipedia that he can run 100m in less than 11 seconds, that would be a rather nice bonus :biggrin:
You cant possibly play the both of them central midfield surely? Youll be ****ed trying to defend.
YOu needed a hard working battling player like hargreaves, not an attacking minded one like carrick.
Oh, and i think you need a striker before you get another CM.
Mr power
where will carrick play exactly because scholes and carrick are basically the same sort of players

Carrick is a holding midfielder, so he would play alongside Scholes very easily. Scholes would go forward while Carrick would stay back and mop everything up.
I disagree.
Carrick isnt the right sort of player to sit back and mop up everything. He is more in the mould of Alonso, although without as much class.
calderstonesLFC
I disagree.
Carrick isnt the right sort of player to sit back and mop up everything. He is more in the mould of Alonso, although without as much class.

Well perhaps Ferguson intends to curb Carrick's attacking intent, and make sure he does stay back? That's why Mascherano would be a great signing, because he actually is a real defensive midfielder.
Reply 2409
if lfcs midfield was so 'good' why didnt you pip utd to 2nd spot hey. the signing of carrick will only make us stronger. Also pennant for 6 milion is a rip off.
Reply 2410
olliemccowan
Well perhaps Ferguson intends to curb Carrick's attacking intent, and make sure he does stay back? That's why Mascherano would be a great signing, because he actually is a real defensive midfielder.

yer spot on.
Mr power
if lfcs midfield was so 'good' why didnt you pip utd to 2nd spot hey. the signing of carrick will only make us stronger. Also pennant for 6 milion is a rip off.

Liverpool were only a few points away, they had a fantastic middle to end of the season like we did, but like us their beginning of the season wasn't particularly great.
olliemccowan

Yea, they would all fit nicely into a 433 aswell.

Van de Saar

Neville Brown Ferdinand Heinz

Scholes ???? Carrick

Rooney Ronaldo
????
Reply 2413
Carrick is a good player, really good player. But I'm not sure he's the type of midfielder the munsters need. Mind you, anyone is an improvement on O'Shea and Fletcher. Whether Carrick will be a great signing will be determined by whether or not there are enough funds for another striker and midfielder to play alongside Carrick & Scholes.

I know a couple of seasies at Old Trafford and it must be said they are totally uninspired by this signing, but time will tell.
kpg
Carrick is a good player, really good player. But I'm not sure he's the type of midfielder the munsters need. Mind you, anyone is an improvement on O'Shea and Fletcher. Whether Carrick will be a great signing will be determined by whether or not there are enough funds for another striker and midfielder to play alongside Carrick & Scholes.

Yea i agree with that. We just need someone to fill that defensive midfielder void. But i still like Smith for there anyway. A striker will almost definetly come... surely?!
Mr power

And Carrick for 3x that isn't?
Reply 2416
give carrick time, im sure he will turn into a super player. weve got 5 strikers and scholes is looking sharp again and he can weigh in with goals no doubt.
I dont get why theyre 'unispired' as its a good signing.
Reply 2417
olliemccowan
Liverpool were only a few points away, they had a fantastic middle to end of the season like we did, but like us their beginning of the season wasn't particularly great.

our start was much better than theirs. were a much better side them too.
forkwise
And Carrick for 3x that isn't?

Agreed, I think everyone knows that we've paid over the odds for Carrick. However, a lot of people said that £30 million was too much for an 18 year old Wayne Rooney but he's been worth every penny. Only time will tell if it was a good investment or not.
Mr power
I dont get why theyre 'unispired' as its a good signing.

I think it's quite hard to be particularly inspired by the signing of a holding midfielder, because they're not so glamorous really.

Latest