The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3340
is that on the premierleague website? If so, i need the league code too :biggrin:
Reply 3341
domisakin
is that on the premierleague website? If so, i need the league code too :biggrin:

i think hes talking about the one on this forum...not sure though....
Reply 3342
DEFIANT BAYERN CLING ONTO OWEN

Bayern Munich are continuing to play hardball over Owen Hargreaves, with general manager Uli Hoeness reiterating they have no desire to sell the midfielder to Manchester United.

The England international is keen to join The Red Devils ahead of the new Premiership season, and United have dispatched chief executive David Gill in order to hammer out a deal that could reportedly be worth up to £17 million.

The arrival of Hargreaves at Old Trafford would further strengthen Sir Alex Ferguson's midfield after his capture of fellow Three Lions World Cup midfielder Michael Carrick, but Bayern will not let the Canada-born star leave without a fight.

Although Hargreaves only won the affection of the English public after an impressive campaign in Germany, he has been a key player for the Bundesliga giants over a number of seasons.

After seeing Michael Ballack and Ze Roberto leave this summer Bayern general manager Hoeness clearly has no intention of letting Hargreaves join the Allianz Arena exodus.

"You can offer me €50 million for Owen Hargreaves but we will not let him go," said a defiant Hoeness to SID as he described what he told Gill.

Bayern coach Felix Magath is also determined to retain Hargreaves' services as the club look to claim another Bundesliga title this season, stating the midfielder is committed to the side until the end of his contract in 2010

"He can climb to the top of Mount Everest and say whatever he wants but a contract with Bayern Munich is a contract," said Magath.

Despite Bayern's public show of defiance, Ferguson stated on Friday that he is "hopeful" of bringing man-of-the-moment Hargreaves to Old Trafford.
In response to Ferguson unveiling his determination to sign the player, the German side have also released a statement to clarify they have no intention of letting Hargreaves leave before his contract expires.

"FC Bayern has informed the player and his agent in no uncertain terms that the contract with the club until June 30, 2010 is to be honoured," read the statement.

"To this day, we have not discussed a transfer with Manchester United or any other club and there will be no future talks over a transfer of Hargreaves.

"FC Bayern Munich have informed Manchester United on this day, Friday August 18 2006, that they must end their advances for Owen Hargreaves."
Reply 3343
I reckon it'll be 4-2 United. The Fulham game's always a good un, hopefully Saha and Ronaldo'll get on the scoresheet to silence their critics, as well as Rooney.

Vidic, Heinze and Carrick are all out according to manutd.com, but Rooney is fit enough to play.
Reply 3344
BexTait
I reckon it'll be 4-2 United. The Fulham game's always a good un, hopefully Saha and Ronaldo'll get on the scoresheet to silence their critics, as well as Rooney.

Vidic, Heinze and Carrick are all out according to manutd.com, but Rooney is fit enough to play.

Thanks Mate :yy:
3-1 to united! cant remember ever keeping a clean sheet against fulham :biggrin:
Reply 3346
darth_vader05
3-1 to united! cant remember ever keeping a clean sheet against fulham :biggrin:

nice one cheers :smile:
Reply 3347
gd stuff weve got heaps of predictions. Yer i was talking about premier league site. didnt know there was one on this site rafa?
no problem, and you've just reminded me to predict in cindy's thread! :eek:
Reply 3349
yer make your predictions darth
Reply 3350
morgo
gd stuff weve got heaps of predictions. Yer i was talking about premier league site. didnt know there was one on this site rafa?

no..neither did i :redface: lol...sorry about that....
#2(Laika)
no..neither did i :redface: lol...sorry about that....
do you know where it is? click on sports at the top and scroll down and you'll find the sub forum somewhere :smile:

will do morgo :p:
3-1 to United, goals from Ronaldo, Saha and Giggs :smile:
Reply 3353
darth_vader05
do you know where it is? click on sports at the top and scroll down and you'll find the sub forum somewhere :smile:

will do morgo :p:

no idea, if someone knows where it is please post the url:biggrin:
and papa diop scores for fulham :wink:
Reply 3355
Ronaldo VII
3-1 to United, goals from Ronaldo, Saha and Giggs :smile:

thanks mate :smile:
Reply 3356
can we only have 1 goal scorer please
morgo
no idea, if someone knows where it is please post the url:biggrin:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=95

scroll down and you'll find it. read the guide lines first though! dont want to annoy cindy :biggrin:

guess who won it last season? :redface:
Reply 3358
morgo

im only taking down the predicted scores only not scorers...so its irrelevant whether you choose to put scorers or not...feel free...:smile:
morgo
what do you mean?:redface:

Latest