The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4400
Weird and Wonderful
I think Charlton will be okay but only just.

Who do you think will struggle?
Reply 4401
#2(Laika)
Who do you think will struggle?

I said Man City before, nice to know you read my posts! :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Well Man City have just signed DaMarcus Beasley (according to the BBC), which would definitely improve their team. Quite a good player him.
Reply 4403
What do you reckon SAF is doing right this moment? Bearing in mind the transfer window is closing in a hour or so.
Weird and Wonderful
What do you reckon SAF is doing right this moment? Bearing in mind the transfer window is closing in a hour or so.

I personally reckon he's at home with his slippers on, watching the telly (maybe Sky Sports News), drinking some whisky.
Reply 4405
olliemccowan
I personally reckon he's at home with his slippers on, watching the telly (maybe Sky Sports News), drinking some whisky.

i think brandy actually. :biggrin:
Weird and Wonderful
i think brandy actually. :biggrin:

Hm... I still think whisky, I'm pretty sure that there was a quote from another Premiership manager who said that he was in SAF's office after a match having a whisky. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Reply 4407
olliemccowan
Hm... I still think whisky, I'm pretty sure that there was a quote from another Premiership manager who said that he was in SAF's office after a match having a whisky. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I remember Mourinhou complaining about SAF's taste in wine. i think he likes RED! :biggrin:
Reply 4408
Weird and Wonderful
I said Man City before, nice to know you read my posts! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Ooops sorry...my bad :redface: ...you must forgive me...its been a long day!
One hour till the transfer window closes. Looks like our continual speculation from this morning until now has been in vain. Tried to keep faith in United but it's just not worth it now with only one hour to go :frown:
Reply 4410
olliemccowan
One hour till the transfer window closes. Looks like our continual speculation from this morning until now has been in vain. Tried to keep faith in United but it's just not worth it now with only one hour to go :frown:

yeah. Well our inactivity in the market shall be blamed if we don't win the title. Again. but i am tryign to be optimistic.
Reply 4411
#2(Laika)
Ooops sorry...my bad :redface: ...you must forgive me...its been a long day!

Tis cool. i always get ignored!
If I was Fergie I would make a £1 bid for Shevchenko and Gerrard, just for the sake of it :biggrin:
Reply 4413
Ronaldo VII
If I was Fergie I would make a £1 bid for Shevchenko and Gerrard, just for the sake of it :biggrin:

Its not Football Manager dude :p:
#2(Laika)
Its not Football Manager dude :p:

Even if it was, no amount of money can prise Gerrard away from Liverpool on mine. Chelsea offered Liverpool £60 million and they said nope :biggrin:
Reply 4415
olliemccowan
Even if it was, no amount of money can prise Gerrard away from Liverpool on mine. Chelsea offered Liverpool £60 million and they said nope :biggrin:

Even if Liverpool did accept a bid from us Gerrard would never come to United!
#2(Laika)
Even if Liverpool did accept a bid from us Gerrard would never come to United!

Yeah exactly.

Still keeping the faith Rafa? Don't know why I'm bothering, but we can't really give up until the midnight hour strikes :smile:
Reply 4417
olliemccowan
Yeah exactly.

Still keeping the faith Rafa? Don't know why I'm bothering, but we can't really give up until the midnight hour strikes :smile:

Yep definitely...i shall wait till 12:00am (sad, i know)
The BBC is losing faith too:

"MANCHESTER UNITED: It is looking increasingly as those Sir Alex Ferguson's £18.6m capture of Michael Carrick is their only big signing this summer. There has been some transfer action, though. NEC Nijmegen have signed Chris Eagles (1758) on loan until the end of the year, while Liam Miller (2247) has gone to Sunderland."

Half an hour to go :frown:
Reply 4419
olliemccowan
The BBC is losing faith too:

"MANCHESTER UNITED: It is looking increasingly as those Sir Alex Ferguson's £18.6m capture of Michael Carrick is their only big signing this summer. There has been some transfer action, though. NEC Nijmegen have signed Chris Eagles (1758) on loan until the end of the year, while Liam Miller (2247) has gone to Sunderland."

Half an hour to go :frown:

Yeh it looks like nothings gonna happen.....

Latest