The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well Pompey losing has actually put us in second place :biggrin: Admittedly it's only because we've scored more goals than them (we've scored 12, they've scored 9), seeing as we have the same goal difference (+8).
Benfica 2-3 United
Reply 5362
Did anyone else back Reading to draw by the way? I did say 2-2 <sigh>
Reading FC played as well as Man United, and fully deserved the draw imho.You have to remember that defending is part of the game as well as attacking, and whatever you say, we stopped the ball going in our net. We played a containing game, and didn't allow you to draw us out of position. Yes you made decent chances, but Doyle had a decent opportunity in the first half which could have changed the game completely. It is quite an arrogant view to assume if you'd have gone ahead you would have won, as we would then have pushed forward and played with a bit more adventure. In reality I was a bit disappointed we didn't take all the points, especially seeing as I had 1-0 Doyle first scorer at 36-1, but oh well. From that viewing of united it looks like you could do with a decent striker before you will be able to compete with Chelsea, Rooney was left stranded most of the time, and Sonko had him in his pocket, largely because Rooney had no support.

Still, I look forward to the away day to Old Trafford, and a few more choruses of "we support our local team". Good luck against Benfica, nice to see English teams doing well, I hope you'll support us in the Champions League next year :wink:
Reply 5364
utd 1 - 0 for benfica
Reply 5365
benfica 0- 2 united
Reply 5366
2-0 utd
Chillitsphil
Reading FC played as well as Man United, and fully deserved the draw imho.You have to remember that defending is part of the game as well as attacking, and whatever you say, we stopped the ball going in our net. We played a containing game, and didn't allow you to draw us out of position. Yes you made decent chances, but Doyle had a decent opportunity in the first half which could have changed the game completely. It is quite an arrogant view to assume if you'd have gone ahead you would have won, as we would then have pushed forward and played with a bit more adventure. In reality I was a bit disappointed we didn't take all the points, especially seeing as I had 1-0 Doyle first scorer at 36-1, but oh well. From that viewing of united it looks like you could do with a decent striker before you will be able to compete with Chelsea, Rooney was left stranded most of the time, and Sonko had him in his pocket, largely because Rooney had no support.

Still, I look forward to the away day to Old Trafford, and a few more choruses of "we support our local team". Good luck against Benfica, nice to see English teams doing well, I hope you'll support us in the Champions League next year :wink:

One question, who will Reading be playing in the charity sheild if they win both the premier leauge and the FA cup?
*titanium*
One question, who will Reading be playing in the charity sheild if they win both the premier leauge and the FA cup?

The runners up in the League I do believe?
Reply 5369
giggsy
2-0 utd

You've gotta join the society mate :smile:
Reply 5370
#2(Laika)
You've gotta join the society mate :smile:

I sent a message for me to join:smile:
Reply 5371
giggsy
I sent a message for me to join:smile:

Accepted, Welcome to the society, im Rafael, enjoy your stay :smile:

EDIT: Predictions and Prediction table is on the 1st page :smile:
Reply 5372
#2(Laika)
Accepted, Welcome to the society, im Rafael, enjoy your stay :smile:

EDIT: Predictions and Prediction table is on the 1st page :smile:

Reply 5373
giggsy

Everyone comes from pretty much everywhere, im from London, you?
Reply 5374
im from london too, which part you from?
Reply 5375
giggsy
im from london too, which part you from?

East London, you?
Come on man united, got 2-0 on man u saha first goalscorer..
United Line Up:

Man Utd
01 E Van der Sar
02 G Neville
05 R Ferdinand
15 N Vidic
04 G Heinze
07 C Ronaldo
16 M Carrick
22 J O'Shea
18 P Scholes
08 W Rooney
09 L Saha

Substitutes
29 T Kuszczak, 03 P Evra, 06 W Brown, 14 A Smith, 20 O Solskjaer, 23 K Richardson, 24 D Fletcher
London? You dirty glory hunter, support your local team.
Reply 5379
giggsy

Near Lancaster, although I'm in Aberystwyth for the year.

We've not played that well overall in the game, but there's been sme good passages, and Saha's goal; What a cracker!

Latest