The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Notice I didn't make any predictions for this match?
Foresight that is, foresight my friend :p:
Lol... realistically we all (should) realise that the top4 clubs are all of immense talents but we still need to make fun of rivals during their misfortunes :p: i wouldnt expect anything less if we lost to Southend 1-0 :biggrin:
Why are Liverpool fans sooooo obsessed with Man United anyway? I wouldn't care if they were knocked out by Birmingham tomorrow. And if I was a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't be worried about Man United's trophy success this year either. Same old crap probably.
Reply 6183
Just don't expect people to be happy about it ;dry;
I didnt even know we were playing tonight and just heard when they were playing the highlights. At the start I said to my girlfriend "I kinda hope we lose this" because last season we had such a bad start to the premiership that we had to concentrate on the LC which instantly put a negative on the season. I'm glad we havent got the hassle of extra winter travel this season which is a key period for the Premiership especially since we usually have a dip in form then.

Why was Rooney/Ronny playing? FFS let some of the young guys play, just like this is Southends chance at the big time it is also the youngsters shot at doing well in front of the boss.
I'm actually more obessed with Chelski losing :p: but been trying to avoid work all night.. and only Man utd match on :frown: no 'pool till tomorrow :p:
Not sure why Ronaldo was playing... but perhaps Rooney for more form/fitness/sharpness? not sure tbh :confused:
Sharpshooter
Why are Liverpool fans sooooo obsessed with Man United anyway? I wouldn't care if they were knocked out by Birmingham tomorrow. And if I was a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't be worried about Man United's trophy success this year either. Same old crap probably.
It's funny to see your arch rivals lose to a **** team. That's the same for any fan, so don't bother disagreeing.
Lose tomorrow and see how many of us start threads on it.
Sharpshooter
Lose tomorrow and see how many of us start threads on it.
Naturally :wink:

Despite winning 0-7 last time round, it'd be tougher this time but I'm confident.
I expect all the usual suspects to go through tomorrow. I guess it's just the FA cup now, and I suppose it's about time we won that again anyway, especially after losing so undersevedley to Arsenal in '05.

Think if there's something this result might do is it may help us finally get a win over Blackburn at Ewood and keep the league going for at least a while longer. So strangley I'm optimistic about it.
Let Us All Celebrrate Bowing Out Of The Milk Cup!!!!

Good Mid-week Rest For Our Squad Which Could Be Thicker...
Reply 6191
sarforaz
1-0!1-0!1-0!
hmm that sounds familiar...!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

2-0! 2-0! 2-0!
Reply 6192
oh well, bigger fish to fry than the league cup. Lets have the league and champs league instead :smile:
We'll be lucky to get one. Can't see us winning the CL especially after the Copenhagen defeat. Reckon we just need to pick up league form beginning with Blackburn on saturday. Staying 3 points ahead of Chelsea before we play them is the priority now.
Cor I haven't posted in here in ages. I've probably been kicked off as joint leader of this society but I'd like to resign if I haven't, because I really haven't got the time to be on TSR more than a couple of times a week now and I know that some of you guys are on here 24/7.

Obviously the result last night doesn't really matter considering less games is always a bonus in terms of concentrating on tougher challenges (i.e. the Premiership and the Champions' League), but still, losing to Southend with a pretty much full strength team is a bad result. But as I stressed before, I'm glad we're out as well, and bring on Blackburn at the weekend - a much more interesting task.
I'm not going to dig at Man U for being knocked out, but I am glad they are gone.

Arsenal just have to deal with Everton now, who are due a complete roasting.

If there's any justice, someone soon is going to concede a HATFULL to Arsenal.. Could be tonight.
Reply 6196
I've just noticed the following quote from Alex Ferguson about Eastwood's goal;

"I bet he doesn't score another goal like that in his life."

Patronising cock.
Reply 6197
:laugh: I saw and thought that too :p:

He's probably right though.
Yea i noticed that... shows how much of a high horse hes on!
wonder if he could manage a lower club with little money to greats... not many managers can me thinks.. (Wenger probably could!)
Reply 6199
sarforaz
Yea i noticed that... shows how much of a high horse hes on!
wonder if he could manage a lower club with little money to greats... not many managers can me thinks.. (Wenger probably could!)

In Aberdeen and Manchester United he already has.

Latest