The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6680
NDGAARONDI
I do find this annoying whereby people usually state this or something similar. Were Chelsea, before the days of Roman Abramovich, not regarded as perennial underachievers and a top 6 club? Of course, if you look at their honours list it's not as big as the likes of Aston Villa but Chelsea hardly came from nowhere.

It's true; certainly if you look at the league tables before Roman Abramovich, Chelsea have been the third best team in Premiership history. Heh, it seems wrong to talk of the history of a league only fourteen years old.
FA CUP 3rd ROUND

Manchester United v Aston Villa

:s:
Juwel
It's true; certainly if you look at the league tables before Roman Abramovich, Chelsea have been the third best team in Premiership history. Heh, it seems wrong to talk of the history of a league only fourteen years old.

Don't know if they would be the third best going by points. Might have to look at that. But nice of you to think that. :biggrin:
Reply 6683
NDGAARONDI
Don't know if they would be the third best going by points. Might have to look at that. But nice of you to think that. :biggrin:

I remember having a look at the tables, being compelled to do so after watching Premiership Years once. We can quite easily see that United were the best team in the Premiership before Roman Abramovich. Number two was, at different times; Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, and then Arsenal. As far as number three, no one has always been there or thereabouts with the same consistency as Chelsea.
You forgot Newcastle. :wink:
Reply 6685
NDGAARONDI
You forgot Newcastle. :wink:

Oh yeah; oops. You can forgive me though, we've all forgotten Newcastle :p:
Reply 6686
Ronaldo VII
FA CUP 3rd ROUND

Warm up for the league meeting the week after :p:
Reply 6687
Juwel
But weren't Chelsea on the verge of disappearing? Riddled with debt accrued since the premier league was formed. Abramovich made a big difference and still does. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that. They weren't insignificant, but without outlaying on players they couldn't afford (i assume this is how they got into debt) they wouldn't have managed the league positions they did
jamlan
But weren't Chelsea on the verge of disappearing? Riddled with debt accrued since the premier league was formed. Abramovich made a big difference and still does. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that. They weren't insignificant, but without outlaying on players they couldn't afford (i assume this is how they got into debt) they wouldn't have managed the league positions they did

Exactly.
Ronaldo VII
FA CUP 3rd ROUND

im dreading this game :s-smilie:
Reply 6690
its going to be a tough tie but if we can maintain the form we are in now we should win but then again it is the fa cup and anything can happen.
yes i still cant believe liverpool beat us last year *runs away to bathroom crying*
We have Villa at old trafford in both the F.A Cup on the 6th and then in the league the week after on the 13th. Hoping to make the league the game.
villa will be annoyed about that
Reply 6694
They may as well just book a hotel for the week :p: unless they have a midweek fixture (which i doubt)
jamlan

They were on the verge of deep trouble, indeed.
tnano1fan
yes i still cant believe liverpool beat us last year *runs away to bathroom crying*

i still can`t believe how they managed to beat West Ham in the final.
*the special one*
man utd needed ronaldo to cheat, thats the only way they could win the title
who cares, init if ronaldo cheats

if a chealsea player done it, it would be a bg news here, if ronaldo does it, then its no big news here, people try to cover him up, people here cant face facts

but the matter of fact dont change, ronaldo dived earned a penelty and won utd the game, and ofcourse by cheating that is

is this comedy hour? look at your own players.
Why do I need to tell everyone about this person? :rolleyes:
Reply 6699
Ronaldo VII
FA CUP 3rd ROUND

Henrik Larsson to score the winner in front of O'Neil.

Latest