The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just concentrate on avoiding relegation.
Errr you won a trophy in 69...
A Liverpool fan saying well done to Chelsea? :smile: Okay I know it's aimed at the Mancs, but still.
Has any team won the league title four times in a row?
Reply 7084
Why are some people (read, a lot of people on here) so bloody petty. All I ever seem toread on the football forum these days is an Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd fan saying "OMG!!1111 Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd r crap lolz!!"
And supporters of other clubs are just shouted down for not winning stuff.
Sharpshooter
No, 4 teams have done it three times though.

I thought so.
justfurry
Indeeed :cool:

Anfield is a fortress, we won't make it easy for them.

Yeah there are two fortresses in England really. How much of an influence do you think the crowd has? Just if Stamford Bridge was bigger and had louder fans (which I have spoken about before) then it could prove a bigger advantage to us than it already it is. And they dub Stamford Bridge as the fortress.
Reply 7087
Silent Assassin

P.S Well done Chelsea for your 3rd consecutive title, something Liverpool and Huddersfield have also accompished in thier history.

Something United have also done too, or had you forgotten that?

What is is with rival fans liking taking the **** out of us when we lost what was always going to be a very tough away game? OK so it would have been nice to have got something from the game, but **** happens and we didn't. We're still top of the table, and hopefully can look back on the game to work out what went wrong.

We need to be more clinical with the finishing, and close the opposition down when they have the ball, we've been sitting off them far too many times in games this season, allowing them more time on the ball.
Reply 7088
Something weird has been going on today...so I'm blaming that for Uniteds lose. There's been some randomness going on that just seems impossible and I'm talking in general...it's messed up something is going on...but it can't be explained.
Reply 7089
BexTait

What is is with rival fans liking taking the **** out of us when we lost what was always going to be a very tough away game? OK so it would have been nice to have got something from the game, but **** happens and we didn't. We're still top of the table, and hopefully can look back on the game to work out what went wrong.

We need to be more clinical with the finishing, and close the opposition down when they have the ball, we've been sitting off them far too many times in games this season, allowing them more time on the ball.

Bang on mate. People always pounce on the good teams when they lose! It's freakin' ridiculous. We're at the top of the league (tenaciously, agreed), and we've left every team bar Chelsea in the dust. The only thing we should expect is maybe some friendly jibes with Chelsea supporters. (such that there is to be had...) NOTHING MORE! Yeesh.
Some of my perfectly reasonable posts, i have posted earlier today, in this thread, have suddenly gone missing.

Can a mod/s please explain this? I spend time and effort making posts, and i don't appreciate it when they go missing like this.
white_haired_wizard
Some of my perfectly reasonable posts, i have posted earlier today, in this thread, have suddenly gone missing.

Can a mod/s please explain this? I spend time and effort making posts, and i don't appreciate it when they go missing like this.

mine too. i think it was sharpshooters lfc post, being the wum post it was, got deleted along with all direct responses...
El Chueco
mine too. i think it was sharpshooters lfc post, being the wum post it was, got deleted along with all direct responses...

i've been given an explanation from a mod (only after having had to ask for it).
BexTait

Something Arsenal have also done too, or had you forgotten that? :p:
BexTait

Reply 7095
NDGAARONDI

No, and it's not exactly in recent history, but thanks for telling me twice :p:

Only mentionned United as this is the United thread and the comment was aimed at winding us up.
1923-1924 Huddersfield town
1924-1925 Huddersfield town
1925-1926 Huddersfield town

1932-1933 Arsenal
1933-1934 Arsenal
1934-1935 Arsenal

1981-1982 Liverpool
1982-1983 Liverpool
1983-1984 Liverpool

1998-1999 Manchester United
1999-2000 Manchester United
2000-2001 Manchester United
strange
very strange

this place has gone very quite

what has this world come up to, man utd fans shutting up for once, never thought that day will come.

have you lot givin it up

i mean have you lot given up of winning the premiership
the quitness sums it all up, the real side of glory hunters
Reply 7099
*the special one*
strange
very strange

this place has gone very quite

what has this world come up to, man utd fans shutting up for once, never thought that day will come.

have you lot givin it up

i mean have you lot given up of winning the premiership

1. No games to talk about

2. No transfer speculation to talk about

3. where still at the top of da premiership

4. get a life!!

Latest