The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Everton have signed Tim Howard on a 5 year deal
Reply 7901
Hope he does well at Everton, good bloke but can't see him securing a first team spot with us.
Reply 7902
Doesn't surprise me TBH. Felt Howard was a little unlucky with United. Had that dodgy second season that some players seem to get, had people on his back (no doubt the same ones that vote him as player of the season in his first season here), was dropped after making mistakes, yet when Carroll made mistakes, he (Carroll) kept his place. Best of luck to him at Everton tho.
Got a ticket for the United game on Saturday :smile:

First time I'll be seeing them play a competitive game :redface: (Saw them against Sparta Prague a few years ago in a friendly).
Reply 7904
Rather gutted about the Tim Howard situation but it's best for him and Everton. It's good for us too, as it means one less for Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak to compete against. Best of luck Tim, you're a classy keeper.
Reply 7905
Mithun
Then? was it to win more stuff? Didn't you people offer him (Gerrard) a deal with an increase in wages?
Don't know if it was true, but the only figures i read in the papers indicated that the wages he could expect from Chelsea were actually ten grand a week less than the offer on the table at Liverpool. Even if that's not true, it was the only time i heard actual figures for the offers from the two clubs. There was no hype about him leaving for more money. And in fact when he changed his mind again, i think the value of the offer from Liverpool hadn't changed. The only thing that had changed was that he'd had a chat with the important people. He then signed for the same amount of money as was offered before he handed in his transfer request. It wasn't to win more stuff. It was to win stuff with his boyhood club. I may be remembering all this wrong, but it was awhile ago.
Reply 7906
jamlan
. It wasn't to win more stuff. It was to win stuff with his boyhood club. I may be remembering all this wrong, but it was awhile ago.

Isn't his boyhood club Everton? :wink:
We've got two easy fixtures to warm up for the Liverpool game, hope we win it. I had a dream last night we lost! :redface:
Manalishi
Got a ticket for the United game on Saturday :smile:

First time I'll be seeing them play a competitive game :redface: (Saw them against Sparta Prague a few years ago in a friendly).

Good on you.

I get to see the lads as often as I can, but it's not as often as I would like.
Reply 7909
Haven't the funds to go in the weekend, and in any case, I may have to accomodate the family coming up here. Pretty sure I'll go to the friendly in mid-March.
Reply 7910
jaydoh
We've got two easy fixtures to warm up for the Liverpool game, hope we win it. I had a dream last night we lost! :redface:

Well we've actually got 3 games before the Liverpool game, Reading, Lille and Fulham:smile:
jaydoh

God my worst nightmare, someone calling two away games easy.
#2(Laika)
Well we've actually got 3 games before the Liverpool game, Reading, Lille and Fulham:smile:

I wasn't counting Lille. :rolleyes:
Reply 7913
jaydoh
I wasn't counting Lille. :rolleyes:

My bad...
Selling howard off for 3 million is a cracking deal dont you think. We should move for etoo in the summer if the barca thing is still happening.
Reply 7915
i see Eto'o going to Arsenal in exchange for Henry to be honest. Also will united sign a striker at the end of the season? Well i think they have to! Torres fits the bill but is unproven and waaay to expesive he has potential though. Bent looks like a good bet but the Hammers are interested in him too and they pay silly money for him IF they stay up.

Good to see Howard move on good keeper but just could not cut it. 3 mill is pretty cheap too. Foster wil be our number one in a few years and i always thought Kuczack was a top keeper even when at WBA.
Reply 7916
I got Keane's testimonial matchday programme in mint condition! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
WaW
i see Eto'o going to Arsenal in exchange for Henry to be honest. Also will united sign a striker at the end of the season? Well i think they have to! Torres fits the bill but is unproven and waaay to expesive he has potential though. Bent looks like a good bet but the Hammers are interested in him too and they pay silly money for him IF they stay up.

Good to see Howard move on good keeper but just could not cut it. 3 mill is pretty cheap too. Foster wil be our number one in a few years and i always thought Kuczack was a top keeper even when at WBA.
Torres unproven. What the absolute ****?! He is young, but he is experienced... he's won scores of international caps and one could hardly say he's unproven, what with all the goals he scores!!
Reply 7918
WaW
I got Keane's testimonial matchday programme in mint condition! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ditto if you call it being signed by Ronaldo still mint. If not, it's slightly damaged as I couldn't find my ticket stub at the time to get that signed so made do with the programme.
Reply 7919
11 games to go now, if we pull this off it has to be the best Premniership title we've won;

A Fulham
A Liverpool
H Bolton
H Blackburn
A Portsmouth
H Sheff Utd
A Chelsea
H Middlesbro
A Everton
A Man City
H West Ham

Latest