The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
I'm off to play on pro, if anyone can post the teams or any latest rumours it will be a pleasure to read them after i come back.
Reply 1341
Juventus insist they will not be forced into selling their star names, despite the club's relegation to Serie B.

The Old Lady have been demoted, and must also start next season with a 30-point penalty, for their role in the Italian match-fixing scandal.

The punishment, which will be appealed, means Juventus will face an uphill battle to claim an immediate return to the top flight.

Several players have been tipped to leave the Stadio Delle Alpi as a result of the verdict, with Fabio Cannavaro wanted by Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Patrick Vieira is reportedly a target for Internazionale and Manchester United, while French team-mate David Trezeguet is being chased by Lyon.

Veteran defender Lilian Thuram is being tracked by North London duo Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, along with Barcelona, whose Spanish rivals Real want Gianluca Zambrotta and Emerson.

But, while accepting it will be hard to persuade key players to stay in Turin, Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gilli will not freely sanction a fire sale.

"I have hopes that some of our most important players will stay," affirmed Cobolli Gilli.

"We have just seen eight of our players playing in a World Cup final.

"Now it's clear, a big part of them will have big problems in staying with us in Serie B with a 30-point deduction, even if I don't want to think that, at the end, the penalty will be so.

"This verdict forbids the best players in the world from continuing playing in a competitive league, with the serious risk they could go abroad."

Fabio Capello quit as Juventus coach last week to take over at Real Madrid, but Cobolli Gilli is adamant the former boss will not easily be reunited with his old players.

He added: "Capello left us immediately before this verdict.

"Anyway, it's clear that we won't sell off our players, they will leave with adequate prices.

"Who wants them must pay because we have the duty to defend the club's heritage. Should Real Madrid want our players, they will have to pay."
Ronaldo VII
Anyone else having trouble getting on the United messageboard since the new style site and also trying to apply for Fulham tickets?

:confused:
Reply 1343
Ronaldo VII
:confused:

you still having troubles mate?
Reply 1344
NDGAARONDI
No but that doesn't mean that the relegated teams' players will be moving anyway. Milan have no Champions League this year and he's coming to an age that if he is to move on he needs to do it soon.

He's only 28. He's a bit of a knob if he can't live without one season of CL football.
Reply 1345
kpg
He's only 28. He's a bit of a knob if he can't live without one season of CL football.

yeh i just dont think we'll sign him....
#2(Laika)
you still having troubles mate?

Yea every time I try log in on the ticket application page it comes up with page cannot be displayed. I'll give it a few days and if it still doesn't work I'll have to do a phone application :s:
Reply 1347
Ronaldo VII
Yea every time I try log in on the ticket application page it comes up with page cannot be displayed. I'll give it a few days and if it still doesn't work I'll have to do a phone application :s:

they've got a new site...i think they've made a few errors in the coding...not sure though....:smile:
Reply 1348
Still dying for a utd link haha. searchin all over the net to no avail.
Reply 1349
kpg

Might be two seasons if AC can't overcome their 15 point disadvantage.
Reply 1350
laika wat are the teams
Reply 1351
Official Team Lineup;

Ben Foster
Bardsley
Brown
O'shea
Evra
Fletcher
Scholes
Giggs
Richardson
Rossi
Solskjaer
Reply 1352
LH
Might be two seasons if AC can't overcome their 15 point disadvantage.

its gonna be tricky indeed....
Reply 1353
strong side
Reply 1354
pitch looks awful...hope we dont get any injuries...
Reply 1355
tell us when thers a goal
Reply 1356
Mr power
tell us when thers a goal

will do...:smile:
Reply 1357
Goal!!!!!!!....Ole!!!!! :biggrin:...
#2(Laika)
Goal!!!!!!!....Ole!!!!! :biggrin:...
wooo :biggrin: did it kick off at 2?
Reply 1359