The Student Room Group

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Craghyrax
You're nuts :rolleyes:

I concur :wink: :biggrin: The Jedi are SO much better than the Sith; who wants a red lightsabre? I don't, I can tell you that much! Green all the way! *makes lightsabre sounds* :biggrin:
Craghyrax
Oh no you bloody won't!!! I've waited for 8 years to go there! :mad:

Meh...they rejected me out of hand, so I wouldn't mind if it was blown up :wink: :biggrin:
Uh... Jayk? Old buddy, old pal? You did realise that a lightsabre's colour has nothing to do with what kind of Force-wielder the person wielding the lightsabre is, didn't you? To explain: the colour (according to my extensive reading on the subject) arises from the type of gem used in the lightsabre as the focal point for the blade. I can't remember any examples of gems and colours off hand, but there are many Jedi with red sabres and Sith with green - all according to the gem they use :smile:

Yes, I am a Star Wars nerd, but the books are fun :biggrin:
Reply 2062
Demon_AS
Uh... Jayk? Old buddy, old pal? You did realise that a lightsabre's colour has nothing to do with what kind of Force-wielder the person wielding the lightsabre is, didn't you? To explain: the colour (according to my extensive reading on the subject) arises from the type of gem used in the lightsabre as the focal point for the blade. I can't remember any examples of gems and colours off hand, but there are many Jedi with red sabres and Sith with green - all according to the gem they use :smile:

*blink*
*blink blink*
*runs off*
:biggrin:

But yes, I did know that (I played the Star Wars RPG, after all :biggrin:); but I was being silly. PLUS in the films, the Jedi always have blue or green (out of choice); the Sith always have red. General rule, I know; but there you go :biggrin:
I guess I'm only saying that because in the books I've come across various Jedi who had red lightsabres :smile: Oh, and Kyp Durron briefly went down the Dark Side, and he had a green one, I think :smile:
Reply 2064
Craghyrax
You're nuts :rolleyes:

Oh no you bloody won't!!! I've waited for 8 years to go there! :mad:

Well the Sith had much cooler powers than the Jedi. They could basically do anything the jedi could do plus they had the cool frying people and choking them as well. ooh and Naga Sadow managed to make a star go supernova through the dark side. I'd like to see the jedi doing anything like that. And just one Sith Lord basically managed to destroy pretty much the entire jedi Order
Reply 2065
Demon_AS

Well the books are as much a part of the Star Wars Universe as the films. But yeah some of the books rule. Especially the New Jedi order, and Legacy of the Force arcs.
NJO was awesome. But I need to re-read them before I start with Legacy of the Force, which seems a little hardcore. :smile:
Reply 2067
Demon_AS
NJO was awesome. But I need to re-read them before I start with Legacy of the Force, which seems a little hardcore. :smile:

Yeah Legacy basically turns the whole SW universe upside down and inside out.You really only need to read Unifying Force and Dark Nest trilogy to understand Jacen's powers in Legacy.
I remember his view that there was no light or dak side. What I don't get is how he went down... the path he went.
Reply 2069
Demon_AS
I remember his view that there was no light or dak side. What I don't get is how he went down... the path he went.

Well in Dark Nest he learns various force techniques from pretty much every force using group so Fallanasi, Jensaari etc.

Spoiler

Hmmm... I need to find me that book! Thanks mate :smile:
Jayk Bakner
Meh...they rejected me out of hand, so I wouldn't mind if it was blown up :wink: :biggrin:

You applied to Cambridge and weren't interviewed? :eek:
suneilr
Well the Sith had much cooler powers than the Jedi. They could basically do anything the jedi could do plus they had the cool frying people and choking them as well. ooh and Naga Sadow managed to make a star go supernova through the dark side. I'd like to see the jedi doing anything like that. And just one Sith Lord basically managed to destroy pretty much the entire jedi Order

Well pardon me if I don't exactly get excited at the idea of people being choked, fried, or blown to bits :p:
You're pardoned :smile: Weirdo :ninja:
killerbee
:wavey: hello all

anyone here like stargate (sg1/atl)? what do you think of the new series?

Heya! Nice to have another GateWorlder on this thread :smile: I'm iLemon btw (previously known as False hope and McKay's girl). I'm not sure if you remember me though.

I'm loving the new series atm (both SGA and SG1). Both series have definitely improved since last season, especially SG1 :smile: I'm bit behind with the SG1 eps atm though, haven't had a chance to *ahem* require them :wink:
Reply 2075
Craghyrax
Well pardon me if I don't exactly get excited at the idea of people being choked, fried, or blown to bits :p:

Meh. What's the point of having cool powers if you can't use them? Besides the Jedi were inherently weak by limiting the powers at their disposal.
Reply 2076
Demon_AS
Hmmm... I need to find me that book! Thanks mate :smile:

No problem. DN is a trilogy by the way. They're taking too long to bring out the rest of the Legacy of the Force books:frown:
Reply 2077
Craghyrax
You applied to Cambridge and weren't interviewed? :eek:

Yup....bastards. They did the same to my Dad 36 years ago! It's going to become a Sweeney family tradtion, it seems...
suneilr
Meh. What's the point of having cool powers if you can't use them? Besides the Jedi were inherently weak by limiting the powers at their disposal.

Hah! Tell that to Jayk Bakner (my namesake!!! :biggrin:); he was my character in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game; and a ridiculously powerful Jedi! Although, technically he was part of the New Jedi Order, and seeing as that Order is less dogmatic, he would have had the room to become powerful!
Demon_AS
I guess I'm only saying that because in the books I've come across various Jedi who had red lightsabres Oh, and Kyp Durron briefly went down the Dark Side, and he had a green one, I think

Yeah; and doesn't Leia have a red one? Or was it crimson (which is red in disguise)? And my RPG bloke had an orange one, which is red with a bit of yellow thrown in :biggrin:
Yay! I'm 21!!! :king1:

Jayk I hear Cambridge are a bunch of elitist snobs, so I'm sure you're better off at Edinburgh! :p:
Reply 2079
Jayk Bakner
Hah! Tell that to Jayk Bakner (my namesake!!! :biggrin:); he was my character in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game; and a ridiculously powerful Jedi! Although, technically he was part of the New Jedi Order, and seeing as that Order is less dogmatic, he would have had the room to become powerful!

Hmm The only SW RPG i know of is KOTOR 1 and 2 but I'm guessing you're not talking about those at they were the Old Jedi order. The NJO was less dogmatic but only during Unifying Force and Dark Nest when luke became swayed by Vergere's teachings. However he abandoned that furing the end of DN and legacy. never heard of Jayk Bakner though...

Quick Reply

Latest