The Student Room Group

UAL vs Brighton

Hi,
I am from Ukraine. I am going to do Foundation course in art and design. But I find it very hard to choose between Brighton university and University of the arts London. I have already get offers from both. UAL looks too competitive and I am afraid a little bit of living in London ( I'm 17 years old) Also I found bad reviews of quality of study in UAL.
Brighton looks much safer and Foundation is more organized for non-uk students.
I am going to study graphic design after Foundation.
Can you recommend me which university UAL or Brighton is better for Foundation in art and design?
Thanks.
Brighton.

It has one of the best University Art & Design schools in the UK, and Brighton is a fantastic student own to live in - lots of music, theatre, comedy and other 'arty' stuff. Housing and living costs are MUCH cheaper than in London. Its by the sea in a beautiful historic town. And its only 50 mins from central London by train.

You are very young, and many people find living in a massive city very isolating and lonely. You will feel much 'safer' in a smaller place like Brighton. And all art/design courses at Brighton are world-class.
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your advice. I almost decided for Brighton but here in Ukraine UAL looks like the top uni in art and design in uk. But I understand that it is because of their Marketing activity here. They have a branch in Kiev (capital of Ukraine) and possible it makes an impression that UAL is the top uni. Brighton is not so famous here but I think it does not mean it is worse then UAL. I even found on UK forums better reviews about Brighton then about UAL. Is UAL really so famous that it is worth to study in a more stress environment in London? Also everything in London and fees at UAL are more expensive then in Brighton. But is Brighton uni less famous the UAL?

Quick Reply

Latest