The Student Room Group

How many tutors/lecturers do you have at Uni?

Do they change every year? :confused:
Original post by lokalokaloka
Do they change every year? :confused:

Normally you'll have 1-3 per module (sometimes more, if there are guest lectures), and you'll have 3-6 modules per semester, and two semesters per year. Academic teaching staff teach their own speciality, hence why they change for every module.

That said, you may find that some individuals happen to teach more than one module, and you will normally have an academic advisor (who is reponsible for your academic and often pastoral welfare) who will stay the same throughout all three years of your degree.
Reply 2
I have a tutor and lecturer for each subject and I do around 6 subjects each term. However, we change topic after Christmas and get different lecturers for that... So around 10-12 lecturers over the year and 5-6 tutors depending on what is required. Obviously, sometimes there are absences, so other staff step in too.

My lecturers this year are mostly different to the ones from last year, although a couple are the same. One member of staff last year did our labs with us and now he's our tutor for one module. One member of staff last year who taught a module is now the module leader for something different. That's because the first year is "core" skills and anyone should be able to teach it if they work in area. The second and third years are more technical and start to follow a narrower path, so it's mostly taken by experts in that field. I get taught more by doctors this year than "Mr" and "Mrs" staff last year.
I've had 5 modules this semester. 5 lecturers and 5 tutors. 4 more lecturers and 4 more tutors next semester I'm guessing.
3 modules per semester, one lecturer each. 6 per year. Looking forward to meeting the next 3 in a few weeks.
Reply 5
Original post by JennaEmBee
3 modules per semester, one lecturer each. 6 per year. Looking forward to meeting the next 3 in a few weeks.

Same, how can people do 5 or 6 modules per semester what the hell? That's what we do in a year.:confused:
4 units over the year, different subjects areas within the four units. 10 lecturers some are course specific and others teach on a few courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruffiio
Same, how can people do 5 or 6 modules per semester what the hell? That's what we do in a year.:confused:

Less material per module, and they'll be 10 credits each. That said, I've always found that a 10 credit module is more than half the work of a 20 credit module

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending